4 Channel Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 Channel Amp

A lil confused on how this works. I bascially want my speakers to sound nicer. So an obvious choice would be a 4 CH. amp correct? If so, then in a nut shell the wiring would be a signal wire from the radio to tell the amp to turn on, some sort of audio wire from radio to amp and then 4 sets of 2 audio wires going to each of the speakers correct?? utterly confused, please help.

You can go to a local stereo store or Wal Mart and get a kit. But, "in a nut shell", you are correct.

You'll need a power wire from the battery to the amplifier, a remote wire from the head unit to the amplifier, it sends the signal from the head unit to the amp, and a set of rca's, either 2, 2 channel or 1, 4 channel, and a ground wire.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
      You can go to a local stereo store or Wal Mart and get a kit. But, "in a nut shell", you are correct.

You'll need a power wire from the battery to the amplifier, a remote wire from the head unit to the amplifier, it sends the signal from the head unit to the amp, and a set of rca's, either 2, 2 channel or 1, 4 channel, and a ground wire.

Good luck!
      Yep, and yep they sell kits, good luck, once u do a system right the first time it is easy street from there on

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
        Yep, and yep they sell kits, good luck, once u do a system right the first time it is easy street from there on
        I agree. I've been goofin around with car audio since high school. It's pretty simple, once ya get the hang of it.

If you've got any more questions, you can pm me and I'll see if I can further assist ya.

Comment

in order to run your speakers with a 4 channel amp you need the following.

For best sound quality:

1. Deck with 4 channel RCA output; most outputs are between 2V-4V, the higher the better.

2. 2 sets of Shielded RCA wires; 20ft each should do.

3. 4 channel amp

4. amp remote amp; 16GA wire should do.

For lesser sound quality using a cheaper Deck you need an amp with Speaker Level Inputs. This way you connect the wires that go to the speakers directly to the amp. You will not need the RCA wires but will need the remote wire.

its fun stuff.

when I first starting playing around with audio systems, I found pictures helped a lot.

Video: http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/ca/...AmpInstall.wmv

DEVOTE

Comment

Working...
          X