Sirius Antenna install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sirius Antenna install?

just bought my Sportster5. where would be the ideal place too mount the antenna. ive heard a bunch of this and that. tips and tricks please.

i would do it one of three place 1) on the rear of the roof in the middle near the top of the rear windshield and run the wire along the weather stripping into the trunk/cabin 2) On the trunk lid in the middle and run the wire into the trunk/cabin 3) in teh middle of the front windshield and run the wire along the front weather stripping and along the door jam and into the cabin

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

I have mine on the middle front of the roof above the windshield.
      Gary A.K.A. Carter
      [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

ive got mine on the trunk, i like it casue i can still listen when im pulled under a car cover at sonic, but then again when i go in a tunnel its the lat area to come out, lol all 3 locations are good spots tho

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
        1992 Accord EX Coupe
        My FS Thread
        Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

You can see mine in my picture...

Comment

i left mine in the car and just hid it next to the rear passengers speaker. there is enough room there it doesnt move, good reception and that way no one can see it or mess with it or the wires
            Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
            Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
            JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

I have mine on the trunklid.

Matt.....i like that pic. New sig....?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
              Originally posted by Jarrett
              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

so all 3 (front roof, rear roof, and rear deck) of the locations should get equal reception, its just the difficulty of the install that varies.....am i right?

Comment

Originally posted by Vtechno View Post
                  just bought my Sportster5. where would be the ideal place too mount the antenna. ive heard a bunch of this and that. tips and tricks please.
                  Well me I have mine mounted on my trunk. But I'm fixin to move mine to inside the car. The only tip I can give you is make sure the ant has a direct view of the sky. I have a decently loud system and I pop my any loose right now. That's my reasons for moving it.
                  Members Ride sold...
                  I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

now if i get the sirius hardwire kit, will this have any effect of the antenna?

Comment

desribe the hardware kit??? if its what i think no it wont. it goes inline with the car ant and when the sirius unit is on its kinda blocks ur am/fm stations. but when ur sirius is off the signal for am/fm returns to normal.
                      Members Ride sold...

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7db18 View Post
                        desribe the hardware kit??? if its what i think no it wont. it goes inline with the car ant and when the sirius unit is on its kinda blocks ur am/fm stations. but when ur sirius is off the signal for am/fm returns to normal.
                        well kind of, if the station is used then it wont block it out, only if its not being used

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
                        1992 Accord EX Coupe
                        My FS Thread
                        Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

so i hook up everything, and thought there would be a small subscription or some shit in the box.......fuck no. thats how they get ya, lol.

anyways, im not liking how i have too tune into a station too pick up xm, so im going too run an AUX input into my reciever and run it that way.

also, the hardwire kit (http://www.crutchfield.com/p_607SIRP...irpvk1&tp=1091)
                          will allow me too free up my cig lighter and itll
                          get a better connection. i completely forgot where i was going with that as i was looking up the URL.
                          Last edited by Vtechno; 12-04-2008, 09:46 PM.

Comment

i have mine coming through fm.... and yeah its a drag. the vol doesnt go as loud and i cant adjust my source level either . the hardware kit would be a great idea and help clean up a mess of wires. if you dont mind me askin where are u planning on mounting the unit??? what aftermarket deck do you have also?

oh yeah i also rewired my cig lighter to stay on alll the time and ran it to come out the side of the console. im gettin ready to place a volt meter in the stock outlet location unless i decide to buy some pillar pods sorry to thread jack by the way.
                            Members Ride sold...

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7db18 View Post
                              i have mine coming through fm.... and yeah its a drag. the vol doesnt go as loud and i cant adjust my source level either . the hardware kit would be a great idea and help clean up a mess of wires. if you dont mind me askin where are u planning on mounting the unit??? what aftermarket deck do you have also?

oh yeah i also rewired my cig lighter to stay on alll the time and ran it to come out the side of the console. im gettin ready to place a volt meter in the stock outlet location unless i decide to buy some pillar pods sorry to thread jack by the way.
                              i currently have it mounted right above my console on the dash with a window mount. the wires are ran beside the ac vvents and come out the top. i dont like the set up. im going too get a different mount kit today. i like my phone being mounted on the dash as well.

my headunit is a Kenwood KDC-X692. im going too get an aux cable later and whatever adapters i need. i called crutchfield and he gave me a partnumber, but its in the car and ill get it later.

Comment

Working...
                              X