Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help choosing sub..

hey wussup guys,
    I have a hifonics 1800 watt mono amp. What are good subs that i should consider? first i had weak audiobahn and it blew them up like nothing and today it messed up my mtx sledhammer subs.

Are you sure your gains are set right?
    Do you want ported or sealed?
    What is your budget?
    What ohm is that amp stable at?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

your speaking another language to me, Im not really into audio. My current box is ported, but the box is kinda old already so maybe i need a box also. What kind of box should i go with.

IDK about budget, i rather buy something good then to be buying bad subs all the time. around the 300 range i guess. The guy at the audio store wanted to sell me Audiopipe subs(1600watts) for 140$ each..

Comment

whats the model number on your amp and are u wanting a pair of subs or a single sub setup?
        Members Ride sold...
        I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

this is the amp.
          http://www.dvbcaraudio.co.uk/hifonic...er-p-3501.html
          What do you suggest? i dont mind single or pair. But if i get a single maybe a 15 i still want something that hits hard.

Comment

bump

Comment

well, for someone who isnt into audio, you have one hell of an amp. those brutus' are beasts. you might have wanted to post this in the beginner section though....

to put it simply, you'll get the most out of your amp if you got a 1 ohm load. You amp produces 1600 watts rms at 1 ohm, so id take advantage of that.

to get this 1 ohm load, ideally you'd want two subs that are 2 ohms that are approx. 800 watts rms each.

now the question is, what kind of sound do you want. you going for great sound quality, or do you just want it LOUD!!?

Comment

idk really but i used to have 2 JL W4 12s @1ohm and they sounded clean and hit pretty hard...but they were in an rx-7 which any subs would knock in. what about the w7's?

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... Also, a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls.

Comment

thats jcoleman, i didnt know about the ohm thing, i was sitting here thinking wait i never seen anything that lets me choose how many ohms i want. What Speaker would u suggest? Somebody is selling me 2 round kickers for 200 with individual boxes.

I rather go with sound over noise.

Comment

Originally posted by DRzCB72nr View Post
                    hey wussup guys,
                    I have a hifonics 1800 watt mono amp. What are good subs that i should consider? first i had weak audiobahn and it blew them up like nothing and today it messed up my mtx sledhammer subs.
                    some 12" kickers

view my ride: My Ride

Comment

kicker has atleast 5 different kind of round subs, I want to choose the right one(s).

Comment

kicker has atleast 5 different kind of round subs, I want to choose the right one(s).
                        CVR's or get kicker squares. L7s

thats jcoleman, i didnt know about the ohm thing, i was sitting here thinking wait i never seen anything that lets me choose how many ohms i want. What Speaker would u suggest? Somebody is selling me 2 round kickers for 200 with individual boxes.

I rather go with sound over noise.
                        i'd get them and find a dual boxes slotted.

but if you really want a hard hitting sub....get JL W7's
                        Last edited by vietkid_2006; 04-25-2009, 12:53 AM.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
                        1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
                        1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
                        2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

few options you can go that will take that power, do you want dual 10's? dual 12's? 1 15"? thats basicly all the options for a daily driver.

- 2 DC Level 4's, run you $500-600 shipped. wont ever have to upgrade form these.

- 2 Fi Bl's, little more pricier, but theres more of them out there,

If your on a budget, I would suggest looking into Audioque HDC3 series subs.

Comment

If you want a really good sub that costs a lot go with MB Quarts theyre pretty good. Pyle is pretty cheap and i've had good experiences with and Alpine Type R is good too. if you get a single sub get one with dual voice coils if you want 2 subs single is okay. This means if you have dual voice coils you will get sound coming from the left and right channel, a single on the other hand will get sound from just channel. Assuming you dont know what a channel is that is what imput the speakers are coming from.

They rise their wooden pints and they yoik and sing
                            And they fight and dance 'till the morning

Dont forget my MRT for my 1992 Honda Accord LX

Originally posted by deevergote
                            Everything in Japan is made with carbon fiber and used panties.

Comment

Originally posted by J3wman View Post
                              If you want a really good sub that costs a lot go with MB Quarts theyre pretty good. Pyle is pretty cheap and i've had good experiences with and Alpine Type R is good too. if you get a single sub get one with dual voice coils if you want 2 subs single is okay. This means if you have dual voice coils you will get sound coming from the left and right channel, a single on the other hand will get sound from just channel. Assuming you dont know what a channel is that is what imput the speakers are coming from.
                              Not what dvc means.
                              Sub bass is omni directional and usually recorded in mono, therefore no left and right bass.
                              I hope you mean the pyle "opti" series.
                              Type-r's are cool.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                              X