Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FRONT EX SPEAKER PICS: Anyone have them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FRONT EX SPEAKER PICS: Anyone have them?

I have a pair of custom 6.5" component speakers that have been sitting in my closet for a year, and since my girl cleaned it out today (no homo?) I want to get them in soon before snow starts falling. I read in another thread that I'll just need spacers, and that I can take out the funky enclosure for the 4"...is this true? Let me know, as I want to get this done ASAP...

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

stock speakers

Comment

So is that hole big enough for a 6.5"? It looks kinda small. And will I definitely need spacers? My woofers look an awful lot like those Infinity mids...?

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
        So is that hole big enough for a 6.5"? It looks kinda small. And will I definitely need spacers? My woofers look an awful lot like those Infinity mids...?
        You will have to take that whole pod out, and then possibly use spacers depending on the speaker you choose. I have a GREAT pair of Kenwood 4'' speakers perfect for your stock enclousers.
        Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
        The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Speaker Size

Hi-

So there really are 4 inch speakers in there????? I never believed the arrogant Circuit City car stereo guy-as Everywhere I read 5 and a quarters. And this guy tells me 4 and I say no way.

I have had a Buick Regal GS, and still have a Nissan Pathfinder- and both had high mounted tweeters. That is what I want in my CB7 doors.

The plastic mold that holds those speakers in there- does that need to be removed if going ANYTHING higher that stock? Do spacers need to be install for 5.25" or 6.5" woofers?

My son works at CC, and I can get either Polk or Infinity for about half through "accomodations page". All I have for a head unit is an Alpine 9811 with no external amp- so Infini Reference are prolly out- as they want power.

Chris

Comment

My speakers are 5.25" and my alpine speakers which I bought to replace were also 5.25"

Comment

i have kenwood 5.5 in my stock enclosures, there not 4". thats awful small. lol my door panel tweeters are 3.

Comment

Working...
              X