Antenna options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antenna options

So I park my car in front of my house. Not more than 15 minutes later, I go back out to find my antenna on the ground next to my car. Im past being pissed, but I have no reception for my radio anymore

So what are some antenna options? Number one priority is cheap, number two, I want to put it in myself, so nothing too complicated. Help guys!
    To-Do List for Today
    Be Awesome

Places like Pep Boys has decent replacement masts. They're not real expensive either.

A wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
    Frost White CB7 Crew - Member #4
    Official Ebay Whore Crew #9

Comment

werd... my dad replaced the one in my car a while ago, but i've been looking into other options. I know there's a few things you can get to mount on the windshield, but I dont know how in the way it might be. I was lookin to shave my antenna off, so it'd be nice if i could find something nice that'll mount on the front or rear windshield... anyone have something like that?
      --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

here's one you can hide somewhere on your car.maybe even your rear window:
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...938149234&rd=1
        I believe pep boys has something just like that one.
        ~~~~~~~

Comment

You could always do the s2k antenna conversion.
          Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
          The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Originally posted by JDMcb7
            You could always do the s2k antenna conversion.
            Whats so special about that?
            To-Do List for Today
            Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by mxcx
              Whats so special about that?
              it's a little 6 inch rubber antenna as opposed to a motorized antenna with a mast that breaks.

Comment

Oh. Im thinking Im gonna get that one that goes inside the car. Nothing for emo/goth pricks to break off.
                To-Do List for Today
                Be Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by mxcx
                  Oh. Im thinking Im gonna get that one that goes inside the car. Nothing for emo/goth pricks to break off.
                  I just got one today at kragen/parts america or whatever its called in your area. It was 16 bucks and made by metra. I haven't had a chance to install it since its been raining outside.

Comment

i feel yopur pain someone ripped my antenna off at wal-mart.....lucky enough for me i have access to a junkyard so i went shopping till i got an antenna off of a fairmont and a lumina
                    I don't lie, I bullshit

Comment

when i first got my car....i had a full system(nothing special) put in and everytime i went back to car toys they made fun of my dangling antenna, but they installed a brand new motorized for $90....just a thought, i don't know what ur looking at spending.....

Finally...the drop! (I know it aint much, but I love it! )

Ebay Whore Crew #7

Comment

As little as possible. 40 dollars I consider expensive
                        To-Do List for Today
                        Be Awesome

Comment

pep boys has a few good ones!
                          check them out and don't post again untill you do
                          ~~~~~~~

Comment

the hidden ones have really bad reception the s2k would be nice. i think the antenna mast is about 35 from the dealer but im not sure... my trunk lantch sensor was messed up and would sayt eh trunk was closed.. my friend who was loading my trunk up with stuff didnt see the antenna going up when i started the car and shut the trunk hard engouh to breka it... the 35 was what i got it for.. but my dad works there and i dont know if they gave me a discount or not.

Comment

get the one that was in that ebay link.. they have the same thing at your local auto parts store. They mount on the glass (~1 inch from the edge, and work great). They are powered, i dont have the power hooked up yet, but i get all the channels i can in crystal clear. When it has the power on, im sure it will just be even better.

Comment

Working...
                              X