Anttenna wont go down w/JVC radio.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anttenna wont go down w/JVC radio.

My anttenna wont go down with my JVC radio. Is there any way to fix this so it goes up and down like it did with the stock radio.

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
    JDM H22
    Port n Polished Int Mani
    Bored TB, maxed
    MSD 6A
    I/H/E
    no cat
    [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

If you are talking about the anttenna wire that goes into the JVC unit, its connected. But the radio has no other wire coming from it.

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
    JDM H22
    Port n Polished Int Mani
    Bored TB, maxed
    MSD 6A
    I/H/E
    no cat
    [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

i dont know much about car stereos and the such, but i know the antenna always gets +12 and ground and a third wire thats +12v when the radio is on, nothing when its off... so if somethings wrong w/ the antenna wire on his deck, maybe he could hook up the remote amp turn-on wire to the antenna instead (unless the turn-on wire is only momentary or some other voltage... idk)

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

there are 2 wiers that come out of the unit a blue one and a blue one with a white stripe one tonly has 12v going to it when the radio is on and the other has 12v constantle when u turn the HU on use the wire that turn on only with the radio on

Comment

I haven't been here for a while, I hope I'm not too late! JVC decks only have one trigger wire. You use the same blue wire (remote turn on) for an amplifier for your antenna. Most other aftermarket brands have independent wires for antenna & amps.
          CAI soundz so good........
          But not as good as a full Eclipse Sound system
          www.clubaccordquebec.com

Comment

if the blue with the white stripe isn't working u can use the red wire but that will come on with the car and stay on with the car at all times so if u go thru a car wash it will break off no way 2 put it down unless u put a switch 2 it or something.

Comment

Working...
            X