Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Amp/Cap/Wiring (kingkong in my trunk??)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Amp/Cap/Wiring (kingkong in my trunk??)

I got a New alpine amp and wiring and a new 2 farad kicker spl Capacitor. and it sounds great! i wish i knew someone with a DB meter so see what my subs are pushing. i'm guessing at least 120-125ish. since i know people with big subs pushing 140DB+ What do ya think? i'm planning on getting rid of my subs and getting 2/3 type r's either 3 12's or 2 15"s all in a custom box. with 2 alpine amps and 0 gauge wiring. but that day will come one day.

heres Part 1

and part 2

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

more like a nuclear reactor! haha

Be Clean

Comment

holy crap. ur trunk is gonna fly off one day.
      frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

haha. nah it's aight. it won't fly off. when i get my new subs it might lol.

Thanks for the comments.

Comment

your definitely louder than 120-125 db, you dont understand HOW EASY it is to be in the 130's. My front stage prob is loud as 125 db LOL.
          you have some decent flex! I would say high 130's, to low 140's for SURE.

When and if oyu get it term lab'd, put your back seat down, youll gain 1.5 db. first do windows all up sealed, with the mic on the window on passenger side. then mess around with windows open/closed, driver door open/closed etc.

btw. you dont need big subs to hit 140, theres people doing 140's with 8". 2 10's in a trunk car doing 150 db. so it comes down to few things but 1.enclosure being biggest, 2.power (1000,2000,4000,6000,8000+ rms), 3. electrical and subwoofers.

Comment

i see. well i'll just have to wait and see whenever i do find a DB meter or someone with one i can use.

Comment

im almost in the 150's and i got two kicker cvr 12's on a 3500watt amp
              i know i can get higher but the altienator cant take it.....
              and theres no need for 0gauge, 4gauge is the best to run...

Comment

yep what he said above this. 150 db's!! on a tl? probably not. to his ear or old ass Ac mic probably.

bigger is better for wire. dont listen to the dude get the 0 gauge if you can afford it. Good 0 gauge has high strand count upwards of 4500+ strands, the pricey stuff is going to be PURE copper, most companies now have tinned copper, but Stinger/Knuconceptz/Kicker all have good cable. Hell even welding cable would do but its a little stiffer than most audio wires.

Comment

Originally posted by da1prettyboii View Post
                  im almost in the 150's and i got two kicker cvr 12's on a 3500watt amp
                  i know i can get higher but the altienator cant take it.....
                  and theres no need for 0gauge, 4gauge is the best to run...
                  3500 on 1600 max speakers? wow did they last longer then a few hours

Comment

Originally posted by 92turboaccord View Post
                    3500 on 1600 max speakers? wow did they last longer then a few hours
                    they lasted a day......after i came home from the carshow were i did the count at, they wouldnt play anymore. sent them to the company and got new ones and my altienater got fukup too....

Comment

Working...
                    X