Dx with 6x9 pods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dx with 6x9 pods

Ok well i got OEM 6x9 pods for my 91 DX coupe and i cant get them to sit flush i slit my carpet to allow the bolts to come through and the speaker isn't hitting... Do i need to remove the carpet under the pod or??

Click it.... You know you wanna
    Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Originally posted by 91kid View Post
    Ok well i got OEM 6x9 pods for my 91 DX coupe and i cant get them to sit flush i slit my carpet to allow the bolts to come through and the speaker isn't hitting... Do i need to remove the carpet under the pod or??
    Yes. You have to cut the board and remove the insulation/felt to let the speaker fit through the deck.

You'll notice that when the speaker is installed in the pod, it sits lower than the plastic housing...
    My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Nah the speaker hole was already there but do i need to remove the padding under where the bolts are as well?

Comment

Originally posted by 91kid View Post
        Nah the speaker hole was already there but do i need to remove the padding under where the bolts are as well?
        Yep! If you look at the underside of the pod, you'll see where the mounting screws meet the plastic tray. Well, the tray has to sit flush on the deck. So you're going to have to take out enough felt/padding/board out of the rear deck to get 'em to fit right.

Once you tighten the pods in place from the trunk, they'll recess further into the deck to sit flush.

I can grab some photos of the factory cut-outs tomorrow if you'd like.
        My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Joshy View Post
          Yep! If you look at the underside of the pod, you'll see where the mounting screws meet the plastic tray. Well, the tray has to sit flush on the deck. So you're going to have to take out enough felt/padding/board out of the rear deck to get 'em to fit right.

Once you tighten the pods in place from the trunk, they'll recess further into the deck to sit flush.

I can grab some photos of the factory cut-outs tomorrow if you'd like.
          That would be cool id like to make mine look as clean as possible... you rock man

Comment

I have a DX as well and got the 6x9 pods too but when I took the rear deck carpet off there was an outline on the underside which looked to be the size of a 6x9 so I cut that and had no problems with fitment.

Hadn't seen the date lol well hope it helps anybody else out

Comment

Working...
            X