Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for people that installed there radio..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for people that installed there radio..

When you installed your radio in the accord..did you have to buy a harness to hold the radio in?? I'm not talking about the wiring harness i already bought that..but the bottom piece under it to hold the radio in it's place. or did u use the stock one??

thanks

BTW: sorry i know the details i stated suck..Lol i forgot the name of the part.

its called a headunit trim kit
    and yes almost all aftermarket radios require you to get one...few aftermarket radios alow you to use the factory pocket

Robert Sartore
    Kustom Audio Werx

1991 Honda Accord EX Sedan (FOR SALE)
    Kaminari rear-sides/Blackwidow front/(I/H/E)/jdm head lights/red-clear tails/+more to come

Comment

yea it fit in my old sentra...

Comment

ill tell u the truth, u can get by without a harness but it wont hold in place....and if u get one it looks cleaner...its only 10 bucks...id say get it cuase since u have 2 din sized holes for the car and ur covering one, the kit will compensate for the 2...

its actually called a car kit...go get it at circit city...make sure it has the pocket on the bottom....thats much cleaner.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

getting a dash kit for it would secure the radio in better and it'll look a lot cleaner...that piece costs anywhere from 14 to 20 dollars

Head Games Intl

Comment

Or .. you could do what i did ..
            and install a nice oem DOUBLE din CD, am/fm
            from a 97accord ... up toooo i think, 2000 ..
            of course .. it's a lil more then 10-15 bucks .. but..
            i think most recent dbl din units, fit our 4rth gens.. (like a glove.)
            and they're clean .. (you also have to buy the harness, $15)

i just wasnt happy with what i saw
            in *after-market* dbl dins ... too many lights lol .. too flashy
            and i wanted to get rid of the *tray look* underneath ..

a nice oem dbl din is also a thought, ..

a hui hou !!
            paka

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Working...
            X