oem fog light wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oem fog light wiring

i will be getting the bumper wit the oem fog lights in it in a few days and i was wondering if i will need to get the wiring and switch or what ever ill need for it, let me know asap before i get it on friday, thanx
    R I P
    91lx
    gone, but not forgotten

www.team-integra.net
    www.clubintegra.net

hey guys i need to know asap before it goes on on monday so if anyone has a diagram or instructions on how to wire up the oem fog lights on the bumper let me know
    R I P
    91lx
    gone, but not forgotten

www.team-integra.net
    www.clubintegra.net

Comment

it should be very easy to wire them up.. you just need to go thru the passenger side plug and get the switch into the dash and wire it up to the battery, i might be able to throw a diagram together but its not really neccesary unless your real new to wiring and what not but if you need one let me know i can see if i can get somthing for ya..

Comment

i am pretty new to the wiring aspect but would it be easier if i just ripped out the whole wiring set up out of the car i got the bumper from and if its no trouble could u give me a wiring diagram
        R I P
        91lx
        gone, but not forgotten

www.team-integra.net
        www.clubintegra.net

Comment

i just finished wiring up my foglights on my 92 ex. i got the complete set on ebay, so it came with all the wiring. i even got a hold of the factory installation instructions. with all the wiring, it was not too difficult. the most difficult part was cutting the bumper and reassembling/installing it. if you don't have all the wiring it may be difficult. i don't know if you have the switch or not either. all of the parts for the foglights have been discontinued so the dealer is no help. i'm sure you can rig something without all the wiring. if they are hooked up with all the wiring, they turn off automatically when the high beams are turned on. pretty cool but no big deal. if you got any questions, i'll try to help. i got the instructions faxed to me from a guy at hparts.com. he was a lot of help, but like i said without all the wiring, the instructions will be useless. anyways, good luck, they make the front of the car look even sweeter and they help a lot with visibility.

Comment

I bought an aftermarket foglight kit and hooked my fogs up to that. Very simple, works perfectly, and I can cut my fogs on with the parking lights. I'd suggest something like that, costs maybe 20 bux from advanced, autozone or some place similar.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... DOHC

Comment

does anyone have the wire scematic for the OEM switch?

i know there is
              POWER
              GROUND
              ILLUMINTAION
              OUTPUT
              HI-BEAM OVERRIDE

but what color codes???

i have a oem civic switch so i know that all of these wires should be on there!!

Robert Sartore
              Kustom Audio Werx

1991 Honda Accord EX Sedan (FOR SALE)
              Kaminari rear-sides/Blackwidow front/(I/H/E)/jdm head lights/red-clear tails/+more to come

Comment

i don't have a schematic for the switch, but i just found the switch on ebay:
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2445805753
                good luck

Comment

i have the switchi think i goes next to the hazards and the rear defrost right? the bumper i have is the oem bumper wit the oem fog lights not a custom bumper. i need to know if i need to yank the wiring out of the car i got the bumper from or would it be easier if i just rewired it without the harness from the junker
                  R I P
                  91lx
                  gone, but not forgotten

www.team-integra.net
                  www.clubintegra.net

Comment

not sure

i think it would be easier to use your own

but get the plugs from the donor car

unless you can pull the whole harness from the donor car

if its a standalone harness then go for it

if its interegreated into the whole chassis harness then forget about it
                    more trouble then its worth

Robert Sartore
                    Kustom Audio Werx

1991 Honda Accord EX Sedan (FOR SALE)
                    Kaminari rear-sides/Blackwidow front/(I/H/E)/jdm head lights/red-clear tails/+more to come

Comment

definitely, definitely, definitely get the wiring out of the car. it will make it much easier. there are 3 or 4 sets of wires and they are not integrated into the chassis wiring because these lights were only an accessory not an option. the first wire connects the two lights, has a ground attachment and connects to the next wire. the next wire runs from the bumper to the bottom of the fuse box in the engine compartment (you will need to remove the screws holding the fusebox down and lift it up. this is where i forget if there are 3 or 4 wires, but the next wire runs from the fuse box in the engine compartment thru the firewall to the fuse box inside the car. it may just be one wire that runs from the bumper to the inside of the car. then a wire runs from fusebox inside car to switch. there is a relay attached near the fuse box inside the car that is part of the wiring also. it kind of sounds complicated but it is fairly easy. you should not have to cut any wiring at all. everything plugs into factory plugs. i can double check my instructions tonight to see if it is 3 or 4 wires. good luck

Comment

Working...
                      X