Blew my headlight wiring harness!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blew my headlight wiring harness!!

so i bought some nokya purplish white light bulbs that are high beems converted to low from 91accordexr33 and i put them in and they worked fine. i aint sayin this is his fault cuz its not he gave me a great deal and such. but for the past 2 weeks ive had to jiggle my wiring harness on the light bulb to get it to work, so i finally got down in thier and looked it and danm the whole harness was melted at a brownish color!

ps my javascript wont work so i cant make the pictures big
    Last edited by Turbo Dave; 03-19-2005, 09:50 PM. Reason: spelling
    ]

well its either the wiring there was old enough and ready to go or the wattage was too much for the OLD plug.

buy a new harness, and wire it in..no biggie.

im still running 80 watts on my stocks right now, just waiting for them to go...haha takes soo long.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

what can we do to prevent this shit to happen again? haha mine is fucked up too

Comment

clipped one off a broken accord in the junkyard ill post pics of the fix tomorrow. If any of u have the passenger side turn signal in the bumper (92 lx), i need that too
        ]

Comment

Fixed bitches!

again i cant make them anybigger because my java script wont work. boo! if someone wants to go to my cardomain sight and post the images bigger. then yeah here http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/616952/2
          ]

Comment

ahhwell glad to see yoru up and runnin be careful make sure everythings tight last thing you want on that this is a fire yaknow.

Comment

i bought some new harnes peices at advanced auto that are made to withstand higher heat or watts something like that but theve been working great for me might be something you want to check out.
              i want to say they ran me like 23$ for both low and high beam set

Comment

one of mine blew and melted but from riggin shit but i just got another addapter and cut the old one and spliced it with the wiring ,so basicly i put a new one in and its been great ever since

(\__/)
                (O.o )
                (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

Working...
                X