Help with amp selection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with amp selection.

Hey, I'm looking to get an amp for my speakers. To be honest don't really know much about this stuff. But here's the deal

I have Kenwood component speakers. 280w/80w rms @ 4ohms. four of them obviously. So do I need a four channel amp?
    The rms of the amp should be right around 80w per speaker correct?
    wat?

Shiiieeeet.
    wat?

Comment

Depending on your budget get either an alpine JL audio or a kenwood 4 channel amp 500 watts or under and you should be good

MR THREAD: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196078

Comment

Personally, I would go to Ebay and buy from a reputable seller that sells old school amps. Those are heavy and hit harder and will give you fuller sound. Saying that, make sure when you mount the speakers, you must sound proof it good or the doors will rattle and it will sound not as true.
        Here's a good amp. I bought from him about 2 years ago. They stole the amp out of my trunk but I will say this amp gives me excellent clear, clean sound for my Alpine components. You can use stock speaker wires if they are still in good condition as mine. I never bump at its loudest continuously so I used stock speaker wires.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
          Personally, I would go to Ebay and buy from a reputable seller that sells old school amps. Those are heavy and hit harder and will give you fuller sound. Saying that, make sure when you mount the speakers, you must sound proof it good or the doors will rattle and it will sound not as true.
          Here's a good amp. I bought from him about 2 years ago. They stole the amp out of my trunk but I will say this amp gives me excellent clear, clean sound for my Alpine components. You can use stock speaker wires if they are still in good condition as mine. I never bump at its loudest continuously so I used stock speaker wires.
          That seems like a real good idea. Cheaper and they did build the older ones better. Got a MTX Roadthunder on my sub. Thing pounds for so little watts.

Its in the TL so the wires are good as new.
          wat?

Comment

wow.....just wow.....

are you replacing just the fronts with the components?
            what is in the rear?
            if stock, are you going to replace rear?
            are you wanting to power front and rear?
            which kenwood component part number?

dont buy off of ebay....amp could be perfect before they ship it and not work when you get it unpackaged....then wheres the warranty?

if that doesnt sway your opinion, let me say this.....quit helping the internet ruin local economy!
            SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192457

Comment

All the info is in the first post.
              KFC-P709PS
              wat?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGRICH View Post
                wow.....just wow.....

what is in the rear?

dont buy off of ebay....amp could be perfect before they ship it and not work when you get it unpackaged....then wheres the warranty?

if that doesnt sway your opinion, let me say this.....quit helping the internet ruin local economy!
                The amp I recommended him is from a local amp repair guy, he's in the northern part of CA so as long as he's in the USA, he's local to us. For you to say that, I think you are misinformed in many things. The way the US is managed right now, it's the foreign policies that propel our economy. We got stupid and selfish politicians in office who cares nothing about us, the people, but their full pockets of our money. Who are they to decide our fates? We don't get to choose who's in office, they are chosen for us to elect, and the choices are never ours.

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                  That seems like a real good idea. Cheaper and they did build the older ones better. Got a MTX Roadthunder on my sub. Thing pounds for so little watts.

Its in the TL so the wires are good as new.
                  I had the Kicker IX252, only 20W, and that thing kick the heck out of my 10" dual voice coil. It ran 2 ohm bridged easily. It got stolen about 3 months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGRICH View Post
                    wow.....just wow.....

what is in the rear?

whats so weird about comps up front? i have 3 way upfront. and will be 4 way depending on if my second mids and highs amp is a 4 chan or 2 chan

as for op i would do a 4 chan rather than a 2 chan that way u can amp the front and back or go active if u wanna get crazy later, but it gives u room for expansion.

ive messed with this http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...08DX200.4.html at a best buy and some kenwood componets and it gave a nice warm for the price.

Comment

Hey C91BLX7,
                      I just sent you a PM. I got the hook up for you.
                      Check it in a little bit.

Comment

Working...
                      X