Rear fog and front fogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear fog and front fogs

I am wondering if some of you have your rear fog separate from your front fogs in terms of switches? I was thinking a separate switch for the rear fog but if I don't have to I will wire it in with the fronts.
    The CB7 Collector.
    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
    92 LX Coupe F22A1
    2013 Toyota Corolla S
    92 EX Sedan F22A1
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

I have my rear fog seperate with a switch.

I wouldn't want my rear fog on with my fronts. Shit if it was up 2 me. Ill have all kinda switches. For my rear bumper lights and sidemarkers.
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
      I have my rear fog seperate with a switch.

I wouldn't want my rear fog on with my fronts. Shit if it was up 2 me. Ill have all kinda switches. For my rear bumper lights and sidemarkers.
      Where did you put the switch?
      The CB7 Collector.
      92 LX Coupe F22A1
      2013 Toyota Corolla S
      92 EX Sedan F22A1
      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

I don't have a edm switch. Just a reg switch with a inline fuse I made.. its between driver seat and center counsle. Just a 15amp or so switch. Nothing fancy. But I love my rear fog. If ppl ride my ass. I flip the switch, and they back away. Kinda neato.

Comment

Hmmm I just may have to do it that way then
          The CB7 Collector.
          92 LX Coupe F22A1
          2013 Toyota Corolla S
          92 EX Sedan F22A1

Comment

When I put it on. Ppl b like wtf is that thing. Lol. It means get the fuk off my ass stupid asses. This guy was reallllll close 2 me. I flipped it. And he backed off. Came close 2 me again. And I flipped it. And he backedd off 3 cars away... next step was me gettin out the car askin. Dude y u ridin my ass for?

Rear fog ftw. 2 rear fogs is eh.. not my style. I just like havin the 1.

I want to buy 1 red bulb. But its kinda bright now. But I want a red bulb.
            Last edited by F20A CB7; 12-22-2012, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Rear fogs are never wired to the front fogs

If you wire them that way than you're either lazy or an idiot

Get a dash and center console foglight switch if you want them both.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post

I just didn't know if they were or not. Far from lazy I am for sure I just wanted to for sure if it was wired separate or not.
                The CB7 Collector.
                92 LX Coupe F22A1
                2013 Toyota Corolla S
                92 EX Sedan F22A1

Comment

Wow that is a harsh comment. I am neither lazy nor an idiot.

There is no reason to wire them seperately, if it is foggy out you will turn both on. So why have two switches to do one thing?

Rear fog are accessories that are sold separate from the front. It is sort of hard to wire them to the front if you don't have front fogs. So you get a seperate switch. Considering the front fog harness is designed wrong, it is rather doubtful the designers would design to two harnesses, one to integrate with front fogs and one without front fogs.
                  Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

Originally posted by lucifer1 View Post
                    Wow that is a harsh comment. I am neither lazy nor an idiot.

There is no reason to wire them seperately, if it is foggy out you will turn both on. So why have two switches to do one thing?

Rear fog are accessories that are sold separate from the front. It is sort of hard to wire them to the front if you don't have front fogs. So you get a seperate switch. Considering the front fog harness is designed wrong, it is rather doubtful the designers would design to two harnesses, one to integrate with front fogs and one without front fogs.
                    Because there is NO reason to drive around in clear weather with a rear foglight on. I see it all the time where a person has a European car over here that has one, they drive around with it on and its annoying. Any car that comes with front and rear fogs from the factory has 2 different switches, some times i might want my front foglight but not my rear, they shine low and light up a little to the sides.

Comment

Because there is NO reason to drive around in clear weather with a rear foglight on. I see it all the time where a person has a European car over here that has one, they drive around with it on and its annoying.
                      There is no reason to drive with ANY fog lights on during clear weather so wiring so they can be misused is not a valid point.
                      Manual Belt Conversion-Variable Intermittent Wipers-Steering Volume Controls-Rear Defroster Antenna-JDM Climate Control-MDX Steering Wheel-Lighted Mirror Switch-CL Trunk Solenoid-CL Homelink-Shaved Hood Squirters-Foglight Wiring Diagram-Door Panel Removal-Puddle Lights-Ambient Lighting-Door Speaker Install-Window Seal and Regulator Cleaning-Prelude Cluster-Mirror Tweeter Pods-Illuminated Window Switch -More Coming Soon

Comment

Originally posted by lucifer1 View Post
                        There is no reason to drive with ANY fog lights on during clear weather so wiring so they can be misused is not a valid point.
                        Not all fogs are " foglight " many are just driving lights, theres nothing wrong with driving with our fogs on without fog, they hardly produce any light as it is, the only area where they help is very low to the side of the front bumper. Rear foglights on the other hand are insanely annoying, they goal is to be seen, when its clear out they're just way too bright.

Comment

Working...
                        X