Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parrot MKi9200 - Does anyone have any experience with this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parrot MKi9200 - Does anyone have any experience with this?

Parrot MKi9200

I'm actually looking into installing this in my CTS-V, but my questions are pretty much universal at this point.

It seems like a pretty nifty little unit, and for $250 or less (including shipping and necessary adapter harness), it doesn't seem like a terrible deal. Basically, it provides (advertised) quality hands-free bluetooth operation, iPod/iPhone integration, and SD-card based direct data access (so MP3s on an SD card)
    It seems like a pretty good upgrade to an older sound system!

Now, I know with an older, simpler system such as that in the CB, it's probably just cheaper, easier, and better overall to simply install a decent headunit with these functions. In my Cadillac, something like this would be much easier than replacing the entire integrated infotainment unit (I already have a plan for that, but it's going to cost me about $1500 to do it right, plus some custom fab work that I'd have to teach myself!)

I used to install those years ago. You can either use the built in speaker for the brain that goes under the dash (not great) or you can wire it directly into your stereo system. It interrupted the speaker lines going to the front. They sold harnesses for even amplified systems to integrate them.

If there wasn't a harness available I would run 2 sets of wires to each kick panel and catch the speaker line so it will work properly.

Till this day I haven't installed one and I have no clue how the new ones work, I would assume under the same principal. Check to see if its compatible with your phone and look on forums to see if other people had issues with your phone. I know that some of the older units are not compatible with the newer iPhones.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

If your car has OnStar, then this might be a better option. More expensive, but a lot better integration as well.
      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
        I used to install those years ago. You can either use the built in speaker for the brain that goes under the dash (not great) or you can wire it directly into your stereo system. It interrupted the speaker lines going to the front. They sold harnesses for even amplified systems to integrate them.

If there wasn't a harness available I would run 2 sets of wires to each kick panel and catch the speaker line so it will work properly.

Till this day I haven't installed one and I have no clue how the new ones work, I would assume under the same principal. Check to see if its compatible with your phone and look on forums to see if other people had issues with your phone. I know that some of the older units are not compatible with the newer iPhones.
        Cool, thanks. I've been looking to upgrade to the iPhone5, but that may not work with it. I suppose I could just use my old iPhones as iPods, but having Pandora would be nice as well.

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
        If your car has OnStar, then this might be a better option. More expensive, but a lot better integration as well.
        The iPod integration is the primary goal here. The bluetooth phone calls are basically a secondary bonus.

Comment

i love my Parrot MKi9200 work great i have a usb drive with all my musik (1138 tracks)
          plug up to it and my phone sync up with it which the Parrot MKi9200 now have all my contacts on the system everytime my phone sync up which is awesome i don't even have to grab my phone all i have to do it press the button say someone name in my contact and it deals also i can play pandora on my phone which plays through the system i love this system

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Cool, thanks. I've been looking to upgrade to the iPhone5, but that may not work with it. I suppose I could just use my old iPhones as iPods, but having Pandora would be nice as well.

The iPod integration is the primary goal here. The bluetooth phone calls are basically a secondary bonus.
            Yeah by now there should be better compatibility between the phones. So just look it up.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

http://usaspec.com/product.php?Produ...eShowProduct=1

I couldn't find anything about whether your car was nav equipped etc, but that USA Spec kit might be a good option. Looking at the equivalent version for the Si, because I don't really want to remove/replace the stock unit to get that functionality. I have USB and an Aux in, but the USASpec allows you to do both (I don't have bluetooth).

So far, what I can find says they work well.

This products lists your year CTS, but says it is not compatible. Perhaps a phone call to tech support would work.

If you have satellite radio, this should work:

http://usaspec.com/vehicle_products.php

Crutchfield also says it will work with the Bose radio.

I am sort of in the same boat, except that I want as near factory integration as I can get for phone calls. It seems that the installation would be a bit cleaner, but I don't know if there would be any compatibility issues or not.
              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

The USA Spec kit is actually what started me on my search. I couldn't tell for certain, but it seemed that an XM radio connection was necessary on my car for the USA Spec to work. Oddly enough, I don't have XM in my car!

Comment

Since your main focus is iPhone/iPod integration have you check PAC yet for a integration kit?

They have a bunch for under $200 for the parts..

Here's the website http://www.pac-audio.com

Here's a example since I don't know the details of your CTS-V
                  http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=36
                  92 Accord Lx Sedan w/ F22A6
                  06 Civic LX Sedan*sold*

Comment

That's worth checking into...
                    though I do kinda like the little screen that comes with the Parrot. Apparently it fits perfectly into the V's ashtray

Comment

Working...
                    X