Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

manual antenna?

OK...here's my deal...

I had the usual problem wit hthe factory power antenna on my CB7. So, we junked that set-up and put a wimpy rubbery one on. To make a long story short...it looks ***. So, i was wondering if any companies made an antenna that looks like the factory one but you can manually pull it up and push it down. OR if I just got a new power one. But the problem is that when I turn on the head unit (CD player unit) that the antenna will go up. So how would I adjust that? Thanks in advance...and i hope it wasn't hard to follow.

plus...how much will a new power antenna set-up run me?
    + '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

well if you get the old one back, just put a switch instead of it running off the headunit, and switch it up and down.

Comment

I'm new to this audio stuff...how would you run it through a switch?

. Snail Squad .

Comment

instead of hooking up the antenna to the remote wire of the stereo, you would just run a switch like you would to hook up lights or whatnot. Run a power and a ground to the switch, and then hook the antenna to the accessory hookup of the switch, problem solved. then when you want it up, switch it on, and then when you want it down, switch it off. should be that simple, as long as im not forgetting something obvious here.
        2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
        2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Yeah, Chessboxer, you got it right. Umm, do you have any of the parts of the old power one? Or did you ditch it all?

New masts off ebay are around 25 bucks shipped, and I have a motor part(everything but the mast) sitting in my garage since I shaved mine off for a cleaner look. It works good, just has no mast. If ya need the motor assy. I'll sell it for 25+shipping.

Comment

I believe it's all gone. One day my dad ran it through one fo those car washers and the antenna snapped in two from those stoopid ass huge washer towel looking things.

I'll probably end up doing something soon. I'll let you giys know.
            Thanks!

. Snail Squad .

Comment

Ok, someone please explain this to me. I know the takita takita sound is due ot stripped gears on the motor, that makes each "level" of the antenna go up. That's why it will not go down all the way, or whatnot. Anyway, How can you hook up a remote switch? I have done this with my gauges, neons, but the antenna is different. For starters, there is the plug oyu use right off of the back of the deck. the antenna hoks rightup to it.atually, it looks similar to a cigarette accessory (mobile phone charger) but more narrow, and oblong. Point is, I must be missing something. So, PLease point me in the right direction. I just recieved my alpine cda-7995 headunit today, and I wanna get this all fixed..

-A. Swift
              CB7 member number 137
              Black Doubt Crew member #2
              Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

Re: manual antenna?

Originally posted by JDM CB
                OK...here's my deal...

I had the usual problem wit hthe factory power antenna on my CB7. So, we junked that set-up and put a wimpy rubbery one on. To make a long story short...it looks ***. So, i was wondering if any companies made an antenna that looks like the factory one but you can manually pull it up and push it down. OR if I just got a new power one. But the problem is that when I turn on the head unit (CD player unit) that the antenna will go up. So how would I adjust that? Thanks in advance...and i hope it wasn't hard to follow.

plus...how much will a new power antenna set-up run me?
                Yes... i had the OEM look manual antenna it was wonderful i never had to pull it out, left it flush with the car with great reception

Comment

Where did you get it and how much? I'm getting one like that.

. Snail Squad .

Comment

Working...
                  X