Cigarette lighter problem..HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cigarette lighter problem..HELP!!

ok..when i got the car 4 years ago the cigarette lighter has been disabled.. and since im not a smoker i didnt pay much attention..but now that i need my cigarette lighter to work to supply power for my (cobra)laser radar i got from my friend i need to get it workin ! please help..( ive checked every fuse the car is equiped with and ders nothing wrong wit em..) so guys? what do you guys think the problem is? where can i start lookin ?? hope you guys could help.. i dont wanna spend alot getting a professional to fix it thats why im trying to fix it myself(we all knoe we have a better way to spend our money and thats to fund our projects in our cars..hehehe..) thanks in advance for any help/knowledge ya'll can drop
    "
    Fast and cheap won't be reliable
    Cheap and reliable won't be fast.
    And fast and reliable won't be cheap
    "
    ~EYCEE~

maybe the wires are cut

Originally posted by fizzbob7
    first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
    Originally posted by ACC0RD22
    no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
    So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

There is a plug on the wires that might be disconnected. It's right behind the cig lighter.
      ~~~~~~~

Comment

If all else fails trying to find where the wires have been cut/shorted you can always just run a new wire from the fuse box and take it to your cig lighter and then ground a wire and run it to the cig lighter as well. That is what i would do, sometimes it is not worth messing with all the wires.
        Girls are like yellow lights, do i go for it or do i stop?

Comment

ayt thanks guys ...is the cigarette lighter light connected to the power wire of the cigarette lighter do the cigarette light and lighter have different power supply
          Last edited by JDMedOUTCB7; 07-17-2005, 10:48 PM.
          "
          Fast and cheap won't be reliable
          Cheap and reliable won't be fast.
          And fast and reliable won't be cheap
          "
          ~EYCEE~

Comment

The other guys already answered you good. I just wanted to say if you can take out your radio easily you could see how the wiring is back there. Without having to remove the dash trim. And then you could see if a wire is cut or that plug is pulled. There's a few red and black wires back there that connect the lights and the cig lighter.
            Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
            -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
            MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Working...
            X