• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the FREAK is wrong with my system

OK...

HeadUnit: ALpine CDA-9811
    SPEAKERS: 6.5" JBL GTO 603c
    SUB: JL 12W0 in JL box
    AMP: Rockford Fosgate 300s (only driving JL sub)

This system has absolutely rocked my world for 13 months. The H/U is the newest part, bought it approximately July 2003. The amp and sub were each purchased in January 2003. Everything was installed by yours truly.

Recently, the sub started to cut out. It doesn't matter what volume the music's at. It just stops playing, and then starts again. It never sounds bad, just on and off like a lightbulb. Ive checked every connection I can think of, and even tried a new sub. The power LED on the RF amp stays on when the sub stops hitting. I'm at my wits end....anyone got any ideas?

And the ninjas had sweet victory, and there was much rejoicing.

Hey man go to www.sounddomain.com and go to Forums... Im sure they can help u out.....

Comment

Sounds to me like either your head unit is not sending the low amplifier signal or the amp itself is cutting out. Most quality amplifiers have thermal cut outs that shut the amps output off when it exceeds a certian temperature. It is possible that yours is somehow damaged. Or some of the solder in the amp dry rotted and now you have a bad connection within the amp.
      My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

yeah have the amp itself checked ive had some problems that led me to no longer use any Rockford Fosgate equipment. as long as its fairly new and you get along with the folks at the shop you bought it at it should be a quick turn around if needs repair.

its like nothing in the world. definition of relaxation.

Comment

does your amp go into 'protection mode'? there should be a lite, or does it turn off...

feel the amp, is it hella hot...

what guage is your power wire....
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by DRAGGEN
            yeah have the amp itself checked ive had some problems that led me to no longer use any Rockford Fosgate equipment. as long as its fairly new and you get along with the folks at the shop you bought it at it should be a quick turn around if needs repair.
            Well I wouldn't gothat far. But I will agree that the newer Rockford stuff isn't exactly the greatest. Their old school amps where amazing. I'm still using my Punch 200ix DSM that I bought brand new for $375 back in 1995/96. But after that designer left their amps have never been the same.
            My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
              does your amp go into 'protection mode'? there should be a lite, or does it turn off...

feel the amp, is it hella hot...

what guage is your power wire....
              No the amp doesn't have a 'protection mode' or anything like that, and the problem happens even when the amp's first turned on in cold weather (i felt it, it doesnt have to be hot to be messing up) the 'power' LED stays on during all of these troubles. the worst part is that none of this stuf fhappens all of the tie...sometimes it works just fine.

Comment

what size is ur power wire, how did u hook up ur sub...
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                  what size is ur power wire, how did u hook up ur sub...
                  the power wire is a 4 guage (i think) our of a RF kit. the sub is wired with with 4 or 8 guage wire to the amplifier. the wires are all hooked up correctly, dont worry about that.

maybe i should make a little disclaimer: This system has worked beautifully since July. So it worked for 5 months, and now has suddenly become ill.

Comment

Ok look y'all: I need help with this. If no one knows then answers, then that's fine. But this is a forum, where we're supposed to communicate with each other in the interest of solving problems. Thanks.

Comment

have u swaped out the amp and tried another, if it doesnt do it when u do that then ur amp is defective. i say buy another of the same model and return it or get it serviced or warranteed or just get another one.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

just checked the ground wire from the amp to the car chassis, and it was loose. ill throw the deck back in when i get it back from circuit city (i gave it to them to test for problems). thanks for the help y'all; i hope this is the end of my problems!

Comment

hehe big problems are easilly found but also easilly over looked...glad you found it, i hope it works.

good luck.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

mine cuts in and out on me too i took my amp out with my speakers i dont like stuff bouncin around in my trunk anymore. Now my radio once in awhile or most often says error 01 im like . I think its my radio fuse so imma change that mines actin strange too i think its because of the weather it plays when it wants too i just ignore it and i have no control over it its like it has a mind of its own.

Comment

Working...
                            X