Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Might be a band amp?Enjoy my artwork, 56k no...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might be a band amp?Enjoy my artwork, 56k no...

TYPO: its BAD amp***

Ok, I've blown through five amps... i was uncertian for a while, but i found out that the speaker wires were rubbing together. thats fixed...

now i got another. its a two channel...

so, when i turn the key on ACC, the stereo and amps kick on. Good

when i start the car, a whining sound comes through the midrange speakers, and the whining fluctuates with the RPMS. The whining sound does not happen when the deck is off. Every time i turn on the lights or step on the brake, theres a pop and it whines louder. When i use the signals, it pops along with them.

heres my layout:

now, when i disconnect the two channel, the whining stops and i can hear the subs clearly, with no whining. but once i re connect the two channel, the whining continues.

is it the amp? even though its done this with ALL MY AMPS, or is the the RCA cables??
    Last edited by lil_dcb7; 07-30-2005, 08:10 PM.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

sounds like your having a ground loop problem. its not your amp its the ground, make sure all grounds are grounded well, if that doesnt work get a ground loop isolator from radio shack.
    Last edited by 90accordman; 07-30-2005, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 90accordman
      sounds like your having a ground loop problem. its not your amp its the ground, make sure all grounds are grounded well, if that doesnt work get a ground loop isolator from radio shack.
      thanks bro, i forgot to add the ground in the diagram.

it makes alot of sense, i have a weird ground point on the chassis... ill mess with it tomorrow.

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Comment

lemme know if that doesnt work as i had it happen before and fixed it on other peoples plenty of times

Comment

where are your amps grounded? should be in the same spot preferably to bare metal (meaning make your own hole not useing a seat belt bolt or some shit)
          hopefully youve got your rcas running up the opposite side of the car than your power wire.
          i doubt that it is the amp if its happened to all the ones you have tried. there is also an off chance the rca outputs on your deck are fried.
          make it to one of the meets if you need more help
          FA1

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater
            where are your amps grounded? should be in the same spot preferably to bare metal (meaning make your own hole not useing a seat belt bolt or some shit)
            hopefully youve got your rcas running up the opposite side of the car than your power wire.
            i doubt that it is the amp if its happened to all the ones you have tried. there is also an off chance the rca outputs on your deck are fried.
            make it to one of the meets if you need more help

lol, i would, shit id arrange a mini meet to get some help, but like i said, the parents pwn me. and yeah, i made my own ground and scrapped off the paint. I've been told about the ground loop brop before. and i tried an isolator but it didnt work. Maybe because it was bad. Im going to try one from work later today.

Comment

To get rid of ground loop you have to ground your HEADUNIT to the same point as your amps. I have a distribution block so I might do that; I get alternator whine at low volumes.

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                To get rid of ground loop you have to ground your HEADUNIT to the same point as your amps. I have a distribution block so I might do that; I get alternator whine at low volumes.

no one ever told me that...

i have my headunit grounded to the stock radio harness?? not good to do?

Comment

Grounding through the stock harness is fine, but if you want to get rid of ground loop you have to bring all the grounds to the same point...if there's a distance between the grounds for the components there's resistance between them, and I forget the exact reasons but that distance creates the ground loop. If you ground them all to one point you will have no ground loop noise problems. The only thing is you have to make sure to get decent wiring to ground the headunit (i.e. 8 gage or bigger) as if the wiring is too small, you'll have the same exact problem. I'm gonna try it sometime.

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
                    Grounding through the stock harness is fine, but if you want to get rid of ground loop you have to bring all the grounds to the same point...if there's a distance between the grounds for the components there's resistance between them, and I forget the exact reasons but that distance creates the ground loop. If you ground them all to one point you will have no ground loop noise problems. The only thing is you have to make sure to get decent wiring to ground the headunit (i.e. 8 gage or bigger) as if the wiring is too small, you'll have the same exact problem. I'm gonna try it sometime.

well im going to go try that isolator right now, and if that dont work im going to try your suggestion glory. Thanks for the help bro

Comment

his suggestion will work, as well as the isolator, just my way is just easier if your not familiar with all your wireing

Comment

Originally posted by 90accordman
                        his suggestion will work, as well as the isolator, just my way is just easier if your not familiar with all your wireing

its fixed. thanks both you guys. I hooked up my boss isolator and the whining is long gone.

i just need a new amp because the inputs are lose on my current one and it makes a really low, mundane cracking. i mean you cant hear it unless you really concentrate on it. but im going to have my system loud the majority of the time so it wont be a big deal.

THANKS!

Comment

Working...
                        X