lightweight subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lightweight subs

Im thinking about some lightweight subs that sound good...i really love how 3 10's sound...but i want them to be lightweight..you know for racing and ish...i was thinking 3 w6's.....nothing heavy like the dub 7 ..and nothing too cheapy like the w3...
    or maybe 3 alpine type r 10's
    pls dont suggest bazooka tubes...those things are wack IMO....but ok if its your 1st sub...

you could give those subs that come in the carbonfiber sphere a try. $500 a piece, but good reviews and lightweight...

Comment

those subs your describing will need a big ass box and will be really heavy, even my 2 10inch w0s in a box weigh more than id like. if you want light you gotta go cheap.
      FA1

Comment

i dont know if it saves weight but why not trying the alpine type x subs?
        and why do you need three subs?! if you are serious about racing youd figure that one can sound good enough without adding too much weight..

Comment

i think if u have small subs and more than 2 they sound better...my friend has 6 8 inch L7 and it sounds way better than 2 12 inch L7...the tone is deeper thats from my experience...
          So SIIC...

SoCal OG bitches...

Comment

Originally posted by clarksterdotcom
            i dont know if it saves weight but why not trying the alpine type x subs?
            and why do you need three subs?! if you are serious about racing youd figure that one can sound good enough without adding too much weight..
            well i figure when i do my h22 swap i want to lighten up a bit..with a fiber hood...and lighter speakers..im running an alpine type r 12 ' sub but want something lighter...maybe fiber glass enclosures wont add that weight...i dont know just thinking about future plans

Comment

thats funny, last tyme i heard, race cars didnt have sound systems. if you want quality sound, you are going to have to sacrafice. just like if you want a light weight family car, you have to sacrafice interior. i went through the "race car phase". had my whole accord gutted, and i ended up weighing 40lbs more than my buddy's prelude. but it was silly to have my only car as a racer. not to mention it was very loud to drive. and if you wanna hit or even sound clean and clear, you are going to fatten up your car. box material. two amps minimum. 1 for the subs, 1 for the fronts and rear speakers, cause deck power sucks a fat one and you know it. then you have all the distribution blocks, power cap, x overs, wiring, etc. etc. so i think you need to pick a path. strip it, or fattin it up.
              but power dont matter if ya boostin..... HeHeHeHe

Comment

Originally posted by snailin91
                thats funny, last tyme i heard, race cars didnt have sound systems. if you want quality sound, you are going to have to sacrafice. just like if you want a light weight family car, you have to sacrafice interior. i went through the "race car phase". had my whole accord gutted, and i ended up weighing 40lbs more than my buddy's prelude. but it was silly to have my only car as a racer. not to mention it was very loud to drive. and if you wanna hit or even sound clean and clear, you are going to fatten up your car. box material. two amps minimum. 1 for the subs, 1 for the fronts and rear speakers, cause deck power sucks a fat one and you know it. then you have all the distribution blocks, power cap, x overs, wiring, etc. etc. so i think you need to pick a path. strip it, or fattin it up.
                but power dont matter if ya boostin..... HeHeHeHe
                fuck that its my daily driver..i dont want a race car..just shed a few pounds...i like my car to look good..and have it smooth for the ladies

Comment

I say you would want to look at subs that are in the general class of the following.

Alpine Type S
                  Kicker Comp VR
                  Rockford Punch HE2

I can tell you from experience that they kick hard and are pretty light as compared to higher end systems.

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
                    I say you would want to look at subs that are in the general class of the following.

Alpine Type S
                    Kicker Comp VR
                    Rockford Punch HE2

I can tell you from experience that they kick hard and are pretty light as compared to higher end systems.
                    thanks ill look into the type s....but im thinking 3 alpine type r 10's...custom fiber glass enclosure..im sure this is lighter than 2 alpine type r's..ill do some research....thanks!

Comment

you could get a really nice component system, and say fuck the subs. just a idea
                      Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Accordpwnz0r
                        you could get a really nice component system, and say fuck the subs. just a idea
                        fuck that mang...i need the boom.......i have a nice component system i have entry level focal access kick panel components.. they are ok..and rear 6/9 focal polyglasses..........i want to go with focal 3 way component sets in the front...but nah mang...i need some boom if you know what i mean

Comment

Working...
                        X