diy guide to wiring jdm headlights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

diy guide to wiring jdm headlights?

been looking on every board i know of for some kind of guide to wiring up jdm headlights. does anyone know of one out there? i know shit for wiring.

shouldnt be a big change if anything. if u have the harness plugs that came with them, the wire colors should match the colors of ur current headlight plugs. and if u dont have the harnesses, u can get a conversion set (which i recommend anyway) that just plugs in to ur USDM plugs and has the H4 (jdm-style) plug on the other end, and u will be all set (keeps stock wiring intact). having a hard time to find those harness adaptors on ebay tho, someone else might know of a good site/place to get them. the corner lense plug might need to be spliced into the place of ur current one, but its just a light bulb, so u can even hook the 2 wires up backwards and itll be fine.
    Last edited by cp[mike]; 01-15-2004, 03:31 PM.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

but theres day time running lights (h1) and the dual filament bulbs for headlights (h4) ...that's way different

is there any other place online to find those harness kits?

Comment

you may have to make another wire for the daytime running lights with a relay system. you dont need it right now but you have to create one.

i think i have a diagram of a basic daytime running light.

if its a h4 harness and ur car is 9006, u can easilly just change the harness i think to run your h4 headlights.

dont quote me on it, but it should be straight forward.

as for the harness if it is possible to convert ur 9006 to h4, just get the harness and wire up pos and ground and then pos from the high beam into that one unit.

id have to look at it to be sure
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
        X