which is a good position for the subs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which is a good position for the subs?

right now, i got the front of my subs facing the cabin. (front as is the PUNCH logo facing me)

i see people do this opposate to my way. Is this better? which is the better way?

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
    Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
    NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

subs should face the trunk imo bcause bass travels and bounces it should come from speaker bounce off of trunk and then back towards you
    po crackers need speed too!

Comment

point them toward the rear....bass intentionally goes out the rear of the box, and by pointing the face of the sub towards your trunk, the bass coming from the front will "bounce" off the rear of the car and move to the front....this is my understanding of it....i've just noticed that my subs hit a lot harder when they were pointed toward the rear....and your trunk space will act as a box in itself!
      1991 Honda Accord Ex
      Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
      Totoro Squad #2

Comment

yes point towards the rear. usually the only reason you would point them any other way would be if it were a hatchback or truck
        FA1

Comment

Originally posted by SteveB
          Point them whichever way sounds best to you.
          i havent tried any other way, these subs are hella heavy, so whichever way i first sat them in, is the way its been sittin'! But i'l mess with it later

Claire - '92 Mercedes-Benz 500E - AMG&Bilstein Treatment - The Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

Alice - '97 BMW 540i6 - Dinan Tuned. - Low Profile Weekend Warrior.

Felicia - '11 Ford Fusion - Luxury Package - Daily.. daily.. ugh.

Originally posted by JoshM
          Okay to do: "I'm sorry I broke your mailbox, here's $100.
          NOT okay to do: "I'm sorry I fucked your sister, here's $100.

Comment

point them towards the rear of the car i hit 155.9 with one jl 12W7 and 500 watt jl amp

Comment

Working...
            X