Adding Midbass Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Midbass Setup

I have decided to try to add midbass speakers to my system and i was wondering what you guys thik about these setups i have come up with.

1. uninstall 6x9s in the rear & replace with 6 1/2" midbass drivers.

2. install kick panels & install 5 1/4" midbass drivers.

3. install a kick pannel, move the 6 1/2" front woofer from door to kick
    panel, leave the tweeter in the door & install a 6 1/2" midbass driver in the
    door location.

my system includes the following:

Pioneer DEh-P37000MP
    Pioneer DEQ 9200
    Infinity REF9613i 6x9
    Infinity Kappa 60.7cs
    2 Infinity Perfect 12.1s 12" Subs in a Goldwood TR-12D
    Polk Momo C500.1 500W Mono Amp Class D
    Hifonics Mercury 4 Channel Amp; 4x110W RMS
    4g Streetwire Power & Ground Lead Wires
    8g Streetwire Power & Ground Wires
    Streetwires RCA Patch Cables (ZERO Type; 3 Pairs)
    Streetwires Distribution Block (2x; one for ground & power)
    Streetwires 1.0f Capacitor
    Streetwires 8g Power Terminals (for Capcitor)
    Streetwires UC1450 Ultra Cable 14g Speaker Cable (for subs & front woofer)
    Stinger HPM Series Battery Terminal & Plastic Cover
    Bose Flat Speaker Wire (White)
    Dynamat License Frame Kit (Didn't use the frame just the Dynamat under the plate.)
    Dynamat under Trunk Lid (Wedge Pack)

Definetly go with 6 1/2's in the kick panels! You could go with 5 1/4 but the 6 1/2's will sound alot better! I know from experience. Of course your going to have to put a good amp on them.

I say go with custom made kick panels with 6 1/2 mids and the tweeters in the door panel.

Trophy winner ^

Midwest car club

Current rides:
    91 accord lx (5spd)
    92 accord lx (5spd)
    93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

So youre suggesting to move the existing speakers in the door to the kicks only?

i was planning on running the mids in parallel with the rear speakers. it would be a 2 ohm load, and my amp puts out 110W RMS @ 2 ohms.

Comment

1) hmmm....maybe you could somehow construct a rear fiber enclosure under your 6 / 9 this will air tighten your speaker for your rear fill ..and increase mid bass

2) dont forget to set your mid bass amp settings a lil bit lower...im not sure what hertz you are running @

3) i still think you should move your tweeter down to the kick panel....replace that missing tweeter with another tweeter.....in the door
        get a 3 way crossover and introduce another mid bass speaker into the door..therefor creating a 3 way component set...

4) throw some jl w8 inch speakers in the middle somewhere!! fiberglass it and call it a day...

5)10's would help a lot .... i know you got two 12's but 10's or 8's set to midbass should help you out....

6) dont forget dynammat in the doors! and dont get the speaker to big in the door..it will scrape the window..and cause problems for alignment!

Comment

i think this is what im going to do:

remove rear channel 6x9's & leave the hole there where the 6x9's sit for the bass to pass through

install 4ohm 5 1/4" or 6 1/2" midbass speakers in kicks.

if it sound like im loosing highs then ill install my old pioneer tweeters in parallel with the midbass speakers in the kicks

midbass will be running of the rear channel of the amp.

Comment

Working...
          X