infinity or kicker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

infinity or kicker

i want to replace all my stock speakers this month and im stuck between two choices...should i go with infinity kappa's or kicker k-series
    Infinity Kappa
    72.73%
    Kicker K-series
    27.27%

I myself would go with the Kappa's. That's what I have now in my rear deck, I just love them.
    But again I have never heard the Kickers

Comment

I've heard of both, but heard neither... I'd go with the Infinitys though. The company just strikes me as highwe quality for some reason. They both have a good reputation though.

Comment

i have kicker rs6 components in the front, and kicker i600s in the rear. if i'm not mistaken, the current k series is replacing the r series.

i was very happy with the sound quality produced by the speakers. i had them for 2 years and had no problems, until i apparently blew one of the speakers a month or so ago. it still makes decent sound, but when the bass hits a bit hard, you can hear "the blow".

i'm not sure how i feel about the speakers only lasting me about 2 years, as kicker's motto is "livin' loud." i don't think i pushed the system too hard, but that would probably be the response i would hear from most people.

i haven't heard the infinity's. i would suggest thinking about paying $100 or so more for the infinity perfect series rather than the kappas.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

I know they're not among your choices, but I have some Pioneer 3-way rear speakers (6.5") that are great. I DO push them hard (bass up, volume way up) and they've lasted me nearly 3 years already. One of them might be going now, but I'm not sure... that could just be my oh-shit handle vibrating due to my muffler...

Comment

Originally posted by Deevergote
            I know they're not among your choices, but I have some Pioneer 3-way rear speakers (6.5") that are great. I DO push them hard (bass up, volume way up) and they've lasted me nearly 3 years already. One of them might be going now, but I'm not sure... that could just be my oh-shit handle vibrating due to my muffler...
            Dude, if the guy is looking for high-end component speakers, you cant compare them to 3-way pioneers... I personally have some infinity kappa's 6.5's in the front doors, and they POUND! I really listened to a lot of speakers before buying them, and I would recommend them to anyone. CLARITY, oh my!!

Comment

Very true... My 3-ways aren't exactly high end... But depending on the system, they might be all that's needed.

619_Cb7, what else are you running? I know I'm not all that much of an audio guy, but I know that running high-end expensive speakers without a top quality system to go with them (or at least plans to add one) is a waste. The speaker setup I have is wonderfully clear, even at high volume. I have most of the bass redirected to the rear, so I don't blow the fronts.

If you want guaranteed high quality, plus style points for having expensive name brands, then what you're looking at will certainly be fine. Also, if you're running an expensive system, then they'll also be the best choice. If you're like me, and have stock wiring, a head that costs less than $200, and no amps, subs, or anything like that, then you don't necessarily need more than a $125 setup like I have!

Just pointing out other options, and defending my standpoint

Comment

well all i got right now is a cheap sony h.u....but not for long...thats why im replacing the stock speakers now cuz i intend to get a high-end system in my car...if i go kappas or kickers, then i intend to go all kappas/kicker (coaxials, subs, amp)....anyways i guess now im leaning more torwards kappas

Comment

if you truly want to go high-end, you need to look at something a bit better than inifinity kappa. say, focal or mbquart.

kappas aren't bad, but i wouldn't put them in a high end category. infinity's perfect series is a little better quality than their kappa series. kicker also has a higher series, the ss series, than the k series.

check out: www.onlinecarstereo.com

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Working...
                  X