component setup for a noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

component setup for a noob

alright, i want to install a component setup for the front of my car (93 Ex coupe)....I already have tweets bought and on the way to my house and need to get a pair of midbass speakers....now here's where my noobieness comes in ..where do i go from here? the tweets have a crossover built into it...is this all i need (ie can i hook up my mid's to the tweets-im sure this is a dumb question but gimme a break i have no experience with this ha or do i need to buy a crossover) basically can someone let me know exactly what i'll need to do to do it myself? thanks for bein patient with a noob.

o to add to my post....what is the maximum size speaker i can fit in there? i've seen a 5 1/4 will that fit?

Comment

Well, if the tweets have a built in crossover, then u just hook them up to the speakers in your door. And if you have an EX, they came stock w/ 5-1/4" speakers, but lx's have 6.5", so you could get the door speaker box out of an lx and use that, or tak the 5-1/4" speaker out and drill holes for your 6.5's if u chose to get them. You'll have to make sure you have enough depth for your speakers tho if you do this, and it may require the fabrication of a spacer to make sure the speaker magnet doesnt interfere w/ the window when its down. Hope that helps. Goodluck!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... DOHC

Comment

Working...
      X