wiring intersection lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wiring intersection lights?

how in the hell do you get these things to work?..whats the wiring diagram if any to make them perform like intersection lights?...or are they basically for show lol?

^sold

Please explain! Youre post is incredably vague! Peace
    What are intersection lights! I am pretty sure thats the citys job, lol! Jokes!

WaC!

Comment

Originally posted by westsideaccord
      Please explain! Youre post is incredably vague! Peace
      What are intersection lights! I am pretty sure thats the citys job, lol! Jokes!

lol, im hiting at the bumper intersection lights hahah..im wondering which wires to splice them into to make them work as they are supposed to. are the diagrams the same as the 94+ intersection wiring?. Im pretty sure, just wondering more or less if anyone's intersection lights work as they are supposed to work, as when you turn on your turn signal they light up in that direction.

^sold

Comment

Uhh, mine signal, you talking about your front bumper lights, amber or clear?
        I dont have the clears, just amber and they signal on or are off!

WaC!

Comment

if i was use i'd just splice them into the corner lights thats what i would do

Comment

not the bumper signals, or corner lights, intersections lol, if i spliced them they would be flashing at people next to me lol, some big bright turn signals lol.

^sold

Comment

Originally posted by lowoctane
              not the bumper signals, or corner lights, intersections lol, if i spliced them they would be flashing at people next to me lol, some big bright turn signals lol.

haha the new sleek style... spotlight!

Comment

1st this should be in the jdm forum not audio ..

intersection lights to work properly need a relay to get constant power . like when you put your turn signal it should stay on and not blink . just like the cadillac corner lights . w.o the relay you cant make it to work properly unless you wire them to your turn signals and they can just blink . i have a oem relay for these if interested . very rare no one has had .. pm me with a offer . and well talk .
                "LAND OF THE GREAT"!! OSAKA,JAPAN

Comment

Here might be one way, particularly since you'd be retrofitting it to a car that isn't set up for this (unless somebody knows of some untapped potential with the ECU.)

Somewhere between the turn signal stalk leading into the ECU there should be two wires (among others of course), one each for left-turning and one for right-turning.

Tap into those and test with a voltmeter. Turn the key to "run" and hit the turn-signal lever.

If you see a constant power (doesn't have to be full 12v I don't think) run your new wires to their own relay

Wire each relay up in the normal way, with ground and battery power and with a wire that goes to each intersection light.

If I'm right about the wires leading from turn signal stalk to ECU not pulsing but supplying the relay with enough juice to activate it I'd expect it to work.

Also, don't forget fuses.

I'm not sure if this makes sense ---- somebody who knows relays well please correct me.
                  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Do you know the color of the wires? for the turn signals taht go to the ecu

Comment

Originally posted by westsideaccord
                      Uhh, mine signal, you talking about your front bumper lights, amber or clear?
                      I dont have the clears, just amber and they signal on or are off!

naw man hes talking about intersection light that goes on the side of his bumper.. like some newer caddy has it.. just go into the forum and search for intersection light..
                      http://www.get-gifts-for-free.com/?ref_id=4810

1992 Honda Accord 4dr 5spd EX- R.I.P 8/10/05

Comment

intersection lights:

mods please move to appropriate forum. i'm trying to figure out a wiring diagram for this. it has to involve a relay that turns on during the signal sequence. it shouldn't be too hard to wire up. i just need time.
                        1cor10:31
                        - 92 LX coupe
                        - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

Working...
                        X