alternatives for install kit on AM deck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alternatives for install kit on AM deck

I have an aftermarket head unit and pulled it out to install an amp and broke the install kit anyone got any tips on another way to mount it to keep it there and look good?

Originally posted by p00typ00
    I have an aftermarket head unit and pulled it out to install an amp and broke the install kit anyone got any tips on another way to mount it to keep it there and look good?
    You mean the adapter? I assume you don't mean the wire connection install kit. If that is the case, grab yourself some mdf and make yourself an adapter... If you can brake that. I am sorry...

Comment

just get another one and be more careful next time...or take it back if you just got it...

Comment

super glue from the back may work for now.

usually most decks use keys so that you dont have to take the kit out, all you have to do is use the keys and slip the deck out.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

well it was a shitty adapter kit it doesnt bolt up to anything at all n theres nowhere to bolt it to if i knew how to do fiberglass it would be on n i'd do it that way but i have no idea if anyone has any other ideas if not i could do the MDF we'll see.

Comment

You can use backstraps to hold the radio in the re-insert you factory pocket

Comment

just go buy a good adapter kit, i wouldnt know where to get one where you live, so dont ask...just go to an audio shop and see what they can do, or fiberglass it, i wouldnt recommend MDF unless you really plan on making it look nice...good luck with w/e you try

Comment

Working...
              X