Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DRL's constantly on mod, how can I do it..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRL's constantly on mod, how can I do it..

I seen a few pic's of some guys on here with there DRL and there lights on at the same time , I am assuming they have the insight DRL setup.

I have the stock setup for DRL , and I was wondering if it was at all possible for me to set it up so its always on or i could turn it off or leave it on. I am not sure how to because its stock and all...

does any one know what I could do or things to look for? any help is appreciated.

isnt it always on anywayS? or what are you REALLY trying to do?
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I think he wants his low beams and high beams (DRL's) On.
      To be honest with you, i dont think it could be done using the stock setup.
      Your factory DRL's have a circuit of their own and are wired specificly.

My guess is, if you want that custom setup you are going to need
      the Insight DRL module. I know of a guy on here who did it to his
      stock Headlights, most of the other people that have them
      usually have JDM/EDM headlights with H4/H1 bulbs.

Comment

Make it a little clearer and I'll help you out. I made mine without the insight module. I've got no problem helping you out, but I just don't understand what you mean.

I've got mine wired up through a switch. I can turn them on if i want them, but they can be turned off when I don't. They also turn off with my low beams, but it could easily be wired to leave them on all the time. The only thing, it gets really difficult as far as wiring. I used several spdt relays, and if you wanted them to run at 1/2 power, it's gona take a lot of spdt relays.
        --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

accordztech: the Drls come off once I switch to low beam , no there not always on but I would like to make them that way if I can.

dwf137: I would like to wire My drls to a switch but since it came stock I wouldn't know where to start.

Is there a way maybe I could fool my switch relay so that it thinks the low beams haven't been switched on and I would wire up a second button to turn on and off my low beams, that way I wont have to mess much with the drl setup and I would mainly be making a separate switch to turn on and off my low beams so my drls wouldn't come off.

do you think that could work?

Comment

hmm... i think i get what you're saying. It probably could work, but I don't know how the DRL setup is run on stock accords since I don't have it. If anyone has a diagram for the stock drl setup, post it up.

I think the best way to work it would be to sorta disconnect the drl's dependancy on the low beams so that they can stay on all the time, unless you turn off a switch. The low beams would function just like they do now, with the combination switch on the steering column. That sound like what you want?
            --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

Originally posted by dwf137
              hmm... i think i get what you're saying. It probably could work, but I don't know how the DRL setup is run on stock accords since I don't have it. If anyone has a diagram for the stock drl setup, post it up.

I think the best way to work it would be to sorta disconnect the drl's dependancy on the low beams so that they can stay on all the time, unless you turn off a switch. The low beams would function just like they do now, with the combination switch on the steering column. That sound like what you want?

that sounds like a good idea , I was trying to figure it out today but had little time. But I think disconnecting the drls from the lowbeam switch would work great. I'll let you guys know thanks for help.

Comment

Working...
              X