Gang full of electrical problemas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gang full of electrical problemas

Anyone know why my horn doesnt honk? I wanna see if anyone knows before I dismantle my car and prolly fuck somethin else up. Sheesh and my brake lights STILL dont brighten when i step on the brake, Word?! I checked all of the fuses and the switch underneath the pedal. Hmm... whatelse?... Ill juss make a list:

-Horn dont honk
    -drivers side front corner blinker bulb dont function
    -driverside seatbelt inoperative
    -passenger lock and unlock switch inoperable (i think bestbuy did it when they did my alarm HOWEVER i did notice that my door locks starts tweekin out and lockin all by itself. Possible switch for door lock box?
    -trunk light dont go on (inside trunk light)

Oh i dont think this is electrical but my car WHINES like crazy after i turn off my car. Sounds like underneath around the cat... possibly the fuel pump. Bery annoying!

Anyone having similar symptoms and had the antidote for it (problems and answers)
    Last edited by Nocturnal CB7; 01-07-2006, 04:17 PM. Reason: spell check

I am no longer using this forum name.
    You can find me as
    jdm_inspired...
    I'm starting all over again since I got another CB.

NOC OUT!!!

Originally posted by Nocturnal CB7
    Anyone know why my horn doesnt honk? I wanna see if anyone knows before I dismantle my car and prolly fuck somethin else up. Sheesh and my brake lights STILL dont brighten when i step on the brake, Word?! I checked all of the fuses and the switch underneath the pedal. Hmm... whatelse?... Ill juss make a list:

-Horn dont honk
    -drivers side front corner blinker bulb dont function
    -driverside seatbelt inoperative
    -passenger lock and unlock switch inoperable (i think bestbuy did it when they did my alarm HOWEVER i did notice that my door locks starts tweekin out and lockin all by itself. Possible switch for door lock box?
    -trunk light dont go on (inside trunk light)

Oh i dont think this is electrical but my car WHINES like crazy after i turn off my car. Sounds like underneath around the cat... possibly the fuel pump. Bery annoying!

Anyone having similar symptoms and had the antidote for it (problems and answers)
    I hope you aren't driving without a driver side seatbelt!

Check the bulbs and sockets for the brakes....check for power at the back first.
    2003 Maxima SE Titanium Edition
    Polished Titanium ext, heated black leather int, heated leather steering wheel, HIDs, 255bhp, 6 speed, 15% tint.
    1993 Suzuki GSX1100F 136bhp

Comment

i have been having mulitple wiring issues too, luckily not as bad as you! but anywho, wires are old, unfortunatley the only thing i found to help would be a circuit tester, make sure that you have power everywere if not, check fuses and if not...then you have to re-wire everything..yeai know it sucks, ive had to replace alot of wiring harnesses and countless wires under the hook and places around my car, the get old, and the wires get loose and bad....no quick fix for this....it really sucks
      92 CB7 *Sold $3300 102K Miles 4 door LX

94 Del Sol *Baught $3300 80K Miles on chasis
      and 60K miles on b18b1 motor swap

Comment

For the brake light, take off the rear panels as if you were changing the bulbs. You will see this little brown box (usually under a black piece of foam) mounted on the inner tail light assembly held by 2 screws. Unscrew that box out and disconnect the harness that plugs into it. See if there is rust or corrosion on the metal connections. Clean the rust out or if you could find a yard with a newer wire harness, then try that. You might want to try replacing that little brown box too. I know it happened to me when my brake lights were constantly failing on me, and I think cb7's are notorious for this too (at least almost every one I've driven!). Let us know what happens. Good luck.

Couldn't of been done without you guys

Comment

I had a Honda a long time ago that had a short in the horn. This is the same fuse as the brake lights. After replacing the fuse, if I tried using the horn the fuse would blow and the brake bulb warning light would come on the dash.
          It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

SteveB: Haha hell no. I need my seatbelt. I juss manually pushed it towards me and unhooked the seatbelt wire plugs underneath the passanger seat. But hey thanks for caring.

Neriah06: Oh great.. this is gonna be a bitch then. Can you ship yourself to my address so you can help me? LOL nah juss kidding foo... dang at least now I know that I need the whole day for this. Holy Crappers!

headbussaboi: Haha thanks for the response. Dood I feel bad for you because you already answered this before in another post. LOL sorry for making you write that over again! At least I know your not one of those pricks on this site that wouldnt help if they knew the answer! But I did try it with some 90-91 ones. Nothing. I guess ill try again. Do they gotta be hooked up to the actual taillight? Because I pretty much juss snapped it in there and let it hung... iono i guess ill stop being lazy. Thanks again!!!

93CB7: Foreal? Thats all connected? No wonder! Dang so that means my brake lights were out longer than i thought. I woulda never knew if my boy didnt follow me around the city. Mahn..... no one ppl broke all of the sudden. Haha wow..... everything makes sense now. Luckily nothing happened!

Thanks to all ytour responses ppl. Im glad to know some ppl actually try to help out. But keep the info coming. Im still stuck on this electrical stuff. WEAK lol....

I am no longer using this forum name.
            You can find me as
            jdm_inspired...
            I'm starting all over again since I got another CB.

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

Working...
            X