7200 rpm's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7200 rpm's

does anyone know if it's possible to have any other tachometer on our cars? like is it possible to wire a 97 prelude or any other car's tach to our car? will it even work and fit if i wanted to put it my gauge cluster? i just want one that will read a redline of 7200 or so just for looks.

JDM H22a DOHC VTEC
    My Ride

There was a person in another forum that wired a 5th generation prelude cluster in his 5th gen accord. He said it took a shit load of work so i dunno might be the same thing wiring it into 4th gens.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

IMO probly not worth it, just go get an Autometer and install it somewhere besides on top of your dash
      -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
      -1993 Accord EX SOLD
      -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
      -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

i don't want an autometer or a huge tach or anything.. i want something that looks natural like it was meant to be there

JDM H22a DOHC VTEC
        My Ride

Comment

You could try adding a shift light? Its a lil better than a big 5" tach in your face.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

hmm alright.. i don't want any other tach or shift light or anything on my car... i'm just wondering if it is possible to have a tach from say a civic on my gauge cluster, instead of our tach now, so that my tach will read a redline at 7200... it's all just for looks.. i don't need to know when to shift cause i know exactly when to; i just want it for looks since my redline now is 7200-7500

JDM H22a DOHC VTEC
            My Ride

Comment

With enough money and time, anything is possible...

On a more productive note, it can theoretically be done. You would need the head for all the wires from the donor car. Then you would have to rewire all the wires so that power would be going to the right places. Again though, this is all theoretical. Best of luck though!
              Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
              D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
              ┴─┴
              ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

The wiring is definately a non-issue. Its not plug and play Im sure, but it shouldnt even really be a concearn. Its all a matter of whether or not the actual size and shape off the cluster you want to use would fit or not.

If people can wire 99'-00' Si clusters into their 89-91 CRX's... then I dont see a difference here with our CB7 and a BB6. Granted the general size of the clusters are near the same between the Civic and CRX, poeple become intimidated by the wiring that needs to be done and just dont even attempt it. Same thing here I would think.

Sorry I cant be of more help, but I really dont know if the size difference between a CB7 and BB6 cluster is that great that it wouldnt work. I thought about getting a BB6 cluster, but a friend of mine hooked me up with a REV/SPEED meter and a shift light.... so I didnt bother looking into it any further. Good luck if you try to attempt it though.... i think you could get it to work.

Comment

sounds like a waste of time to me

Comment

Why not add a gauge face overlay with your desired redline?
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                      good call, buy some indiglo's for a prelude and just use the tach part

Comment

You can also just make your own. Then they can be in whatever color scheme you want, and I suppose they could be backlit if you try hard enough...

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                          is it possible to just use the tach portion of a prelude? i wasn't really sure if i could just use the gauge face or if i had to connect the wires and what not as well

JDM H22a DOHC VTEC
                          My Ride

Comment

Well I don't think the face would fit just based on the diameter of it. That is just an observational opinion though.

The 5th gen Prelude is more like the size of the 5th gen Accord, which is has a tach that is quite a bit larger than ours. It would be worth a shot though. The other option would posible be to get a 5th gen Accord SIR cluster with a 7400 RPM redline, and work with that. The appearance of the cluster in the dash is misleading, too, so just because the cluster appears that it won't fit, doesn't mean that it won't. Of course now you are back into the wiring game too.

I don't honestly know. It would definitely be a first.

Comment

Working...
                            X