Hi power ALternator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi power ALternator

My alt is dead will not charge the battery anymore. My stereo system might have kill it, running 800Watt with optima red top battery. Looking for higher power alt then stock, I think stock
    is about 70 or 90 amps. is there an aftermarket alt with more power ??

how hard is it to remove and install the alt
    90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
    < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

i've heard of higher output alts but as far as changing it out it took me like 2 hours or so to do it myself when i had just start working on my car...cars in general so since you've actually looked in an engine bay b4 it shouldn't be more than an hour for u
    Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

have you tried using a cap....and i think you should go with the yellow top it's meant more for a big system....

Head Games Intl

Comment

im in the market also for a high current alt i have a cap but its not enough i also have over 3000w

Comment

how much do high output alternators cost? nothing too crazy, maybe 120-130 amps. will 740 watts rms put up enough strain to need a higher output alternator?

Comment

Originally posted by djestouff
            how much do high output alternators cost? nothing too crazy, maybe 120-130 amps. will 740 watts rms put up enough strain to need a higher output alternator?

i dont think you would nned a larger alt but you will need to upgrade the grounds on the CB7

Comment

Have you guys thought about those grounding systems, from Sun for example?

http://www.optauto.com/webstore/prod...=yes&dept=2825

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
              JDM H22
              Port n Polished Int Mani
              Bored TB, maxed
              MSD 6A
              I/H/E
              no cat
              [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

Well, High output alternators as i was trying to talk LegacyAccord into, are a good idea, i believe they do run about 120-150 amp.. altho they are significantly bigger, so you need to make sure the one that you get will fit in the accord.. now i would also suggest running a Capacitor because that will ease up the strain, depending on what your running, That will save the battery with a little more juice

Comment

Found an hi power alt with 150AMP but it cost about $500 and 1 year warrantee, that way to much money for my low 800w stereo system. So I got cheaper aftermarket with 90amp and lifetime warrentee for 170 with core exchange. I also got 1f cap to help out the battery. what gauge wire you think will be good on an 800W max, I have 4 gauge right now is that ok?? Oh yeah I also did a few ground point upgrade with the extra 4 gauge wire. It make a ton of diff, my voltage gauge read 14.4v everytime I step on the gas.. It use to read 13.1v with my old alt and old ground point..
                  90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                  < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

how would one go about upgrading the grounding?

and no i dont believe the 740 watts is constant, i dont bump all the time. maybe a third of the time i drive?

Comment

I was just curious how many amps the stock alternator is ?

Comment

Originally posted by blazen_accord
                        Found an hi power alt with 150AMP but it cost about $500 and 1 year warrantee, that way to much money for my low 800w stereo system. So I got cheaper aftermarket with 90amp and lifetime warrentee for 170 with core exchange. I also got 1f cap to help out the battery. what gauge wire you think will be good on an 800W max, I have 4 gauge right now is that ok?? Oh yeah I also did a few ground point upgrade with the extra 4 gauge wire. It make a ton of diff, my voltage gauge read 14.4v everytime I step on the gas.. It use to read 13.1v with my old alt and old ground point..
                        4 guage should be alright... i woulda gotten the higher output... the stock alt is about 70-90AMPS neway.. so u didnt upgrade that much

Comment

I bought a alt. from ebay with 135 amps for $190 shipped ,it works great........
                          for sale= $2500 obo PLEASE SOMEONE BUY MY PROJECT CAR. I dont have time to work on it anymore. Full time job and DJ on weekends... no time for car ..PM me for more info

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2463458256

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2463404643

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
                            JDM H22
                            Port n Polished Int Mani
                            Bored TB, maxed
                            MSD 6A
                            I/H/E
                            no cat
                            [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

The hi-power alt I was quoted at $497 at a autozone, Since I need the part right away and they only have stock replacement alt I did not have much of a choice. Oh well at least it lifetime warrantee, so I can get free replacement from autozone.
                              Last edited by blazen_accord; 03-03-2004, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X