old alpine vs. new alpine hu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

old alpine vs. new alpine hu?

I'm looking into buying a new hu. Looking into the specs of the new alpine hu's, and i noticed that most if not all of them only have a 2V pre-outs. and from what i understand, the old alpine's are actually better than the new ones. Any advice on this?

are the alpine 9835's still good? or are they already part of the ones that "suck" ?

Thanks!

Yea the 06 line sucks from what I hear also. The 9833 or 9835's are still good though. The old ones are better.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyBoy_cb7
      I'm looking into buying a new hu. Looking into the specs of the new alpine hu's, and i noticed that most if not all of them only have a 2V pre-outs. and from what i understand, the old alpine's are actually better than the new ones. Any advice on this?

are the alpine 9835's still good? or are they already part of the ones that "suck" ?

Thanks!
      You are absolutely right on this, my cda-7875 has a 4v sub pre out and it puts out 60wx4, now they both have thier pros and cons the new alpines are ready to accept i-pod and alpine has the best i-pod ready deck's out there IMO.
      My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

Yeah the old ones are deff better then the new line thats out. Ive heard that from many people. Esp the guy at tweeter.

I love my alpine cda-7893 that ive had for like 4 years now =)

Comment

I'm currently running a 3DA-W882, circa around 1998. Does that count as old enough ?

Comment

My older alpine decks are better than the new ones. Unfortunately, I got too many laying around

Comment

Well then send me one to complete my alpine speakers/amp setup since my clarion got stolen and I'm running my amp off a regular cd player right now! pm with deal on one you might want to part with ?
              My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Well I have one, but I dunno if you can afford it

Comment

I have a nice older Alpine circa 1994- the 7817 with dual illumination. Unfortunately it doesn't do cd-r's at all, and I will almost never bring my cd's to the car. Copies in in my car.

Chris

Comment

so you guys would say that the 9835 would probably a better buy price to performance compared to the newer ones right?

Comment

so you guys would say that the 9835 would probably a better buy price to performance compared to the newer ones right?

gsteg: what hu are you selling and how much? pm me. thanks.
                      cjv998: yeah that's old enuf hehehe have you compared it with the newer ones like the 9835?

Comment

Yeah, I only have 2V preouts (still have 3 of em though). It has the SPS "pseudo-phase correction", as I like to call it (just tweaks the balance/fader based on where you're sitting, still haven't decided whether or not I like it). Also, my signal to noise ratio for cd's is only 95 dBA, whereas above 100dBA is pretty common, if not standard, now. Those are really my only major gripes. However, on the plus side...I do have a 7-band EQ...try finding that on a newer Alpine, lol. Also has BBE processing, and the 3-disc in-dash changer is nice. And it has the built-in tape player, which I'll never use, but I suppose it's cool to be able to say I have one . Here are the rest of the specs on it (got by typing in the model # into google):

http://www.ifb.pl/~mateo/car-audio/m...ec-install.pdf

Hope that helps.
                        Last edited by cjv998; 02-07-2006, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyBoy_cb7

gsteg: what hu are you selling and how much? pm me. thanks.
                          Alpine CDA-7990. Not sure on a price yet. Its in mint condition, thought it's worthless to get it without the H900 processor, which I'm keeping

Comment

cjv998: hehe that is pretty old school right there... aww mann.. im so glad for cds! hahaha jk.. =)
                            Gsteg: i wish i could afford those.. i want themmm.... but can't afford them... my hobby is FINANCED by STUDENT LOANS!!! wohooooo.... lol JK
                            Last edited by JoeyBoy_cb7; 02-08-2006, 12:54 AM.

Comment

CDA-7900= $3000 msrp retail???? how many watt's is it? I actually plan on not running a head unit at all. gonna have a computer in the car with a sound blaster audigy <-- clear as heck the old ones are like 107 to 1 db ratio and I'm gonna make a center channel and have surround sound in the car ... and I'm STILL GONNA SPEND LESS! lol....
                              My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Working...
                              X