Wiring sound system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring sound system

Flame me if you will but i searched and couldnt find any in depth articles on wireing a system up so if some one could direct me to a website or thread on this site i would appreciate it. thanks. later

dude u didnt help him at all.

here, www.the12volt.com
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by turboaccordlx
      I hate that kind of lazyness if he realy search he would of found what he needed
      yeah, prolly not..
      although, i do advise that he starts the project himself...it shouldnt be too difficult to wire out yourself...
      shoot, i did mine...2 subs, head unit, 4 speakers, separate tweets, two amps, crossover...all by my lonesome..and i had to figure it out by myself cuz that was back when i was a n00b..

its pretty self explanatory...+'s to +'s and -'s to -'s
      power to pwr (red)
      ground to grnd (black)
      rca's..red to red, and black to black, or white to black, or black to white, or w/e...but just keep red on red, and you wont have any trouble..other than that, there shouldnt be any difficulties unless you dotn know how to wire the sub..then you should just ask specific questions on here...you could do that anyways..

Comment

dont run rcas with power

Comment

Originally posted by floored
          dont run rcas with power
          good point..i often forget the little stuff...yeah, run them on opposite sides of the car..

Comment

Originally posted by Accord_exR
            Flame me if you will but i searched and couldnt find any in depth articles on wireing a system up so if some one could direct me to a website or thread on this site i would appreciate it. thanks. later
            You mean like a headunit or an amp and subs? For the headunit all you really have to do is go to best buy or circuit city and get a universal dash kit and wiring harness, you should also pick some kind of butt connectors to connect the harness you bought at best buy to the harness on the deck your installing. Its very simple to be honest its pretty much matching up colors red with red black with black yellow to yellow etc. all of them will match up and then your done. For the amp what the others above said will work the only thing left out is the remote turn on(usually blue) it goes from your headunit to your amp to provide the amp power to turn on.
            If you have any more ?'s feel free to ask.
            Most importantly diconnect your ground terminal from the battery before you begin to work.
            Last edited by TysCb7; 02-13-2006, 07:14 PM.
            My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

mostly i just dont understand having to run a ground wire from the battery to the trunk and something about ground it to the metal in the trunk under the spare tire.. and yea i mean wiring subs and an amp,thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Accord_exR
                mostly i just dont understand having to run a ground wire from the battery to the trunk and something about ground it to the metal in the trunk under the spare tire.. and yea i mean wiring subs and an amp,thanks.
                No you dont run a ground, you run a "power" from the positive terminal on the battery to the amp's positive terminal, your def. going to want to run a fuse in between the amp and the battery, any amp kit usually has one already installed on the wire for you. The ground goes from the ground on the amp to a piece of bare metal on the car like a bolt of somesort, then lastly your remote on the amp is a blue wire and goes to a blue wire or yellow wire(constant) on the headunit. And the RCA's are pretty self explanitory. Just run the power wire under the carpet.
                Last edited by TysCb7; 02-13-2006, 07:32 PM.
                My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

aight thanks man i really appreciate all your guys help. As you could see i knew abosolutely nothing about car stereo stuff but thanks for giving me a little info. later guys.

Comment

Originally posted by TysCb7
                    No you dont run a ground, you run a "power" from the positive terminal on the battery to the amp's positive terminal, your def. going to want to run a fuse in between the amp and the battery, any amp kit usually has one already installed on the wire for you. The ground goes from the ground on the amp to a piece of bare metal on the car like a bolt of somesort, then lastly your remote on the amp is a blue wire and goes to a blue wire or yellow wire(constant) on the headunit. And the RCA's are pretty self explanitory. Just run the power wire under the carpet.
                    umm, remote and yellow dont go together..yellow is always on..like memory..that would drain the battery filling the amps internal caps..bad idea..blue to blue..

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                      umm, remote and yellow dont go together..yellow is always on..like memory..that would drain the battery filling the amps internal caps..bad idea..blue to blue..
                      Yea yellow is a constant I know, but some decks dont have remote turn on, it wont drain the battery either I had it like that on an old setup that didn't have a remote turn on, but if you do have a remote turn on def. use that instead.
                      Last edited by TysCb7; 02-13-2006, 08:00 PM.
                      My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

Yea yellow is a constant I know, but some decks dont have remote turn on, it wont drain the battery either I had it like that on an old setup that didn't have a remote turn on, but if you do have a remote turn on def. use that instead.
                        aight, i get ya..personally, i would do the yellow, but switch mount it...best of both worlds...you can turn ur subs on and off..had that in my blazer..

Comment

wouldnt u use red/ignition then?

Comment

Originally posted by floored
                            wouldnt u use red/ignition then?
                            That does work but when I had it hooked up that way everytime I would put my face plate I would get a nice random bump from my subs so then I swtiched it over to the constant and it solved the problem.
                            My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

That does work but when I had it hooked up that way everytime I would put my face plate I would get a nice random bump from my subs so then I swtiched it over to the constant and it solved the problem.
                              then wouldnt that leave the amp on all the time, no good.

most modern decks now have a amp turn on lead, and if not i use the red accesory lead. the reason why some amps make a pop is that they are cheap and dont have something that others do...i forgot what it was but it mutes that pop
                              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                              X