disabling x and k on V1 = bad idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disabling x and k on V1 = bad idea?

im considering programming my V1 so that it doesnt go off when it detects x and k band bc i have yet to see it detect a real cop of these bands and it frequently has false alarms on them...does anyone think this is a bad idea? my dad has had his v1 for 10 years and he says he rarely ever sees cops using x and k radar guns...

let me know what you guys think...

also, do you guys think there would be any way to wire up my own mute button so i dont have to constantly reach to push it on the actual unit...i dont think that any of the accecories you can buy let you mute remotely so i guess the only way to make a button like this would be to take the detector apart
    Last edited by Aaron; 02-24-2006, 03:11 PM.

Get a FREE PLAYSTATION 3 before anyone else can!!!

I used to think the same thing until I picked up a cop using K band radar on the highway on my way back home from a friend's house. Good thing I didn't ignore it since I wasn't exactly going the speed limit before hand. Most cops usually use newer equipment using Ka and Lidar. I do come across the occasional K band cop and never have seen an X band cop. It is your call though. I figure all the bands are there for a reason so I let it be.
    Can't help with your muting button idea though. I hardly ever mute mine since I usually keep it at a low volume anyway. I keep it just loud enough so that the only ones that are loud are the Ka and Lidar.
    "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

In never seen an X band cop either. I have seen plenty of K and Ka's though

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by H23Accord
        I used to think the same thing until I picked up a cop using K band radar on the highway on my way back home from a friend's house. Good thing I didn't ignore it since I wasn't exactly going the speed limit before hand. Most cops usually use newer equipment using Ka and Lidar. I do come across the occasional K band cop and never have seen an X band cop. It is your call though. I figure all the bands are there for a reason so I let it be.
        Can't help with your muting button idea though. I hardly ever mute mine since I usually keep it at a low volume anyway. I keep it just loud enough so that the only ones that are loud are the Ka and Lidar.
        are the ka and lidar louder than the x and k? sorry if this is a stupid question, just got my v1 in the mail yesterday

maybe i will just disable x but the majority of the false alarms seem to be k
        Last edited by Aaron; 02-24-2006, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Just disable X. 99.5% use k, ka,lazer etc. X is a pain

Id keep everything else.

I love my valentine one!
          1993 Honda Accord - Dedicated cb7tuner

Comment

x is usually traffic lights and stores... k is often higher end stores and some older cop cars, Ka is 99.9% of the time a cop.

i wouldnt disable K, just X. on my cheapie radar det, any detection beeps twice then gets quiet, ive learned to not even notice the X beep...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
              In never seen an X band cop either. I have seen plenty of K and Ka's though
              yeah.
              Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

alright guys thanks for all your inputs

Comment

Working...
                X