Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone know the range of the Viper 791XV 2 way alarm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone know the range of the Viper 791XV 2 way alarm?

im really looking into upgrading my alarm and getting a 2 way viper alarm, I think the model is the Viper 791XV....does anyone have this alarm? can anyone tell me what the range is? its really getting old having to take my v1 off everytime i park somewhere...let me know what you guys think, thanks

Get a FREE PLAYSTATION 3 before anyone else can!!!

The range is up to 1/2 mile.
    You can't go wrong with a viper alarm.

Midwest car club

Current rides:
    91 accord lx (5spd)
    92 accord lx (5spd)
    93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

1/2 mile sounds about right, it also has to do with where you mount the antenna you want it as close to a window as possible.
      My H22A SWAP JOURNAL

Members Ride

Comment

dont listen to anyone or anything range vaires. so many things matter. i was under a parkin garage and my car was on the 3rd floor across the street and it worked. i was about400-500 feet on the same level as my car another time and it wouldnt work right away.

OVERALL ITS A GREAT ALARM i wish the remote would beep and vibrate at the same time though. i also have the proximity sensor and windowmod

Comment

definatly a good alarm.
          FA1

Comment

Any of the good 2-way alarms will vary quite a bit depending on where you and your car are, and whats between you. 1/2 a mile would be in an open field in idaho... or wherever the great plains are.

But the range is good, and if you are really ever more than its range away... you wouldnt be able to do much about it. I still think the best use for one would be for a person who keeps getting broken into. Just dont hook it up to the lights/siren, so the alarm will go off, but theif doesnt know it, then needless to say it wakes you up, and you take care of business.

Thankfully I have never had to try that, but if my car was getting messed with...I would have quite a bit of fun sneaking up and breaking knee caps since some people just have to learn the hard way.

Comment

^ yea untill youre out of range and they get away wit youre car

Comment

thanks for you input guys...not sure if its worth upgrading my alarm or not but ill definitely look into it

Comment

is your car auto.....? if not compustar is safer and has a much better range

Comment

its worht it .....prolly.

what do u have now?

Comment

right now i just have a basic audiovox alarm...i wired it up myself so i attached a hood pin and the trunk sensor and of course the shock sensor. there is no way for anyone to get in without the alarm going off but when your car is somewhere like a mall parking lot no one pays much attention to an alarm going off, id like to be able to know when my alarm is going off and not just come back and unlock my car and see that someone set the shock sensor off a long ass time ago

Comment

the problem w/ pager alarms in general is even tho they claim to have a certain range, it varies.

i have a prestige aps997 2way.. works great, love the alarm and all its features. but arming/disarming, remote starting, etc.. the car varies from where i am and whats lies between me and the car. here's a couple examples:
                        - i was standing next to my window on the 25th floor of my gf's apt. and was able to remote start the car parked a block away from the apt. building.

- i was inside the mens RL dept. in Macys(Roosevelt Field Mall, Long Island) which is located by an entrance/exit. My cb7 was parked at the first spot directly in front of the exit and the alarm couldn't pick up the remote start signal from the key fob inside the store.
                        5.6L V8 32V DOHC
                        JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron
                          right now i just have a basic audiovox alarm...i wired it up myself so i attached a hood pin and the trunk sensor and of course the shock sensor. there is no way for anyone to get in without the alarm going off but when your car is somewhere like a mall parking lot no one pays much attention to an alarm going off, id like to be able to know when my alarm is going off and not just come back and unlock my car and see that someone set the shock sensor off a long ass time ago

yea i knwo what u mean. i would def. recomend it. mine was 340 installed in my 01 altima. it was a lil more bc i have a chipped key. with the proximity sensor if u walk near my car it does the warning and if u stop and like look in the windows it will go off after a second, or in the summer if my windows are down and u put ur arm in it goes off

Comment

one thing you have to remember is that the alarm remotes are not as durable as the plain ones. My last one worked for about a year. Thankfully the place that installed it is cool as hell, and just upgraded me to a new one for free. I think they usually cost 100 or so for a new remote, so this time I am being a little more careful.

Of course, it started not working after I had to valet my car at the stupid hotel... they wouldnt let you park your own car, which i was kinda pissed at, so I am guessing they dropped them a few times.

Comment

ive dropped mine and thrown mine. im pretty sure dei has liftime warranty on all of the parts...idk maybe the remote is only 1 year

Comment

Working...
                              X