Alarm Install-Parking Lights!? Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm Install-Parking Lights!? Help!

So, I installed a DEI 2-Way alarm earlier this week, and everything went surprisingly smooth. But, I have one problem: the parking lights don't work. It is a (+) out to a (+) parking light wire and when I first put the alarm in they worked, and they DO work with the switch. They actually worked until I moved everything to a more hidden location- so I disconnected all the plugs to the brain, and replugged everything in. After that, they dont work. I can actually hear the clicking of the relay in the alarm flashing the lights.

So: what do you guys think?
    Why? Because... Life Happens @ 4500 RPM

Frost White CB7 Member 31

how are you tapping into you're wireing harness (ie solder taps butt connecters )? are the light outputs fused recheck you're conections all of them to make sure everything is getting good contact . it just sounds to me like when you moved it it lost connection . when i do something like an alarm i solder and use heat shirnk i belive that it is the stongest connection

like i said recheck all you're connections
    WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

ill let you know the wire i had my parking lights attached to. Ill get back to you

Comment

yup sounds like your using a t-tap or something just check and make sure its tight. also hopefully your using a digital meter or at least a test light so test for power at the connecttion when using the alarm and see what happens.
        maple its red/black
        FA1

Comment

Thanks guys... I gave all the connections a cursory glance earlier, and everything looked good, but I will give them a more definite look.
          Thanks for the responses... having people go out of the way to help other people is an awesome thing about this site! You guys are awesome.
          Why? Because... Life Happens @ 4500 RPM

Frost White CB7 Member 31

Comment

Working...
          X