Tentative 2006 plans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tentative 2006 plans!

ok guys so recently i have come up with this tentative plan for my audio setup, now i have changed my mind many times over in the past few months but i think i am set on an Alpine speaker system coupled with Rockford amps. now i already have a Sony deck although i do plan on getting a Pioneer Premier DEH-980BT soon. i can just sell my sony cd player to my bro and that will help pay for the $449 premier cd player. Anywho this is what i plan on getting from now to the end of this year:

Alpine SPR-69LP for rear -Installed
    Alpine SPX-107R for front -Ordered
    Alpine SPX-177R for kickpanel -Installed
    Q-logic kickpanel -Installed
    (4)Alpine SWX-1242D subs
    (2)Rockford Fosgate Punch P4004 to power all speakers -Installed 1
    (4)Rockford Fosgate P10002 1 for each sub
    Dynamat Extreme Bulk Pack
    (3 more) Rockford 1 farad capacitors
    (2) Stinger SP1700
    Custom Stinger H/O alternator

all the speakers, amps, dynamat will be bought at onlinecarstereo.
    capacitors and kickpanels will be bought at sounddomain.com
    stinger batteries and alternator will be bought through Stinger itself.
    the install of the components and custom inclosures will be done through a local car audio shop.

how does this plan sound to you audio experts. i really like the sound quality of alpines and i have nothing but good things to say about rockford amps. any input would be appreciated. now it will take about 6 months to purchase all the parts and 1-2 months to install them. Thanks for all your help.
    Last edited by accrdpower; 08-17-2006, 01:16 PM.
    My members ride thread

That is gonna sound good, but hurt your wallet like a mofo.
    (RIP)1993 LX Sedan
    Frost White Crew Member #36

JDM Beating Stick Owner #1
    My (old) Ride

Comment

lol yea i noticed that. i priced it out to alil over 5500 for everything installed. i figure if i spend about 500/month i can get most of the parts in by the end of this year and spend the first 2-3 months of 2007 installing everything. or just install all of the speakers and then worry about the subs and amp instal till later. we will see how the money flow goes lol. but it should be a really nice clean sounding system and should hit hard when i want it to. if anyone has experience with alpines and their quality let me know
      My members ride thread

Comment

overkill

Comment

nah...maybe on the subs aspect but i don't think so.....i do alot of shows yet like to have some good sounding music while driving. all i am really doing is replacing all the spekaers and getting some kickpanle speakers, getting amps to power the speakers and the necessary alternator and battery to power everything correctly. and for the subs, i love my bass and i love to crank it up at shows. this is just the tip of the iceberg as to what many people do. i consider this a basic-intermediate system. nothing too fancy, not too many speakers, set-up is ok but not ideal as for many audiophiles, but will turn heads and be clear and pound hard when needed to.
          My members ride thread

Comment

Why don't you buy 1 mono amp that as 2000wrms ?

for front stage speakers, I suggest CDT HD-642
            http://www.cdtaudio.com/hd42_cdt4.htm
            6.5"/4" 3-Way
            Cast 6.5" Mid woofer & 4" cast midrange
            Xover: HD-30 Mid-E.Q. 4/5th order Elliptic 24dB.
            Tweeter: DRT-25 extended range 1" silk tweeter Power
            Power Handling: 230 watt RMS @ 100Hz High-Pass
            Frequency Response: 60-20kHz
            Sensitivity: 92.3 dB.
            Impedance: 4Ohm
            Surface & Flush mount tweeter

Here is a link of a seller, it's the cheaper I found
            http://www.americancaraudio.com//HD642.html

Comment

alpines = worth the money.

Got some type e's 6x9"s and an alpine sp240 amp to power the door (older model alpine type s 5-1/2"s) and deck speakers and it sounds very very clear. Even the bass is good definately good enough to tide me over w/my last setup stolen. (had a 10" sub that was quite large) so once I get the 12" type R sub I'll be in heaven. My ears soo loved the alpines tho first time I hooked them up. And I'm using a portable cd player instead of a deck since it got stolen (temp setup) and it still sounds quite clear.
              My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

alpine is good, but not as good as cdt, that's sure

I have alpine type R 6,5''(+tweeter) in the rear pods( they won't fit directly in the front...)