Stock versus New?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock versus New?

Well. I'm getting a stereo for my car, an I'm going to buy a new head unit. But I am debating on replacing my stock speakers. And I was wondering what you guys have experienced with stock versus new. What is your opinion on sony eXplods? Which brand do you like best?

The stock are the worst because they are just so old. The sony xplods are good and cheap. I have 2 P5 sony subs and a sony amp very good brand. I think alpine is the best, a little expensive but worth it.

Comment

STOCK= sorry
      Most aftermarket head units will blow the cheap/old factory speakers.
      So far in my accord I've had MTX and Audiobahn speakers to replace my factory ones. Now I have Kicker front and back and running them off of a 4ch amp. An amp will give the aftermarket speakers the power they need to peform their best.
      On a budget I'm sure the xplodes would do fine with an aftermarket head unit, but its all about how much money you are willing to put into and audio system.
      -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
      -1993 Accord EX SOLD
      -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
      -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

some factory speakers are good, I dunno for the CB7 one because they are to old and I smashed them before installing my new speakers and I wouldn't be surprised if they had blown with 75 wrms on them... anyway, that's sure they aren't as good as component speakers.

Comment

Like everyone else said the oem ones are doodoo,they only come wit like 30 watts stock.I would recomend the alpine type r speakers whether there 6x5 or 6x9.
          Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

stock sucks! i would definatly recomend swapping those as well. stockers are made of paper and have no tweeter, and i bet yours a rotted out by now. i think you should go take a listen to some speakers at a store if you can. what sounds good to me might sound bad to you. however i personally like infinities for a good blend of SQ and price. im also a big alpine fan and type Rs are nice. i really dont like the sony speakers, they just dont sound "real".
            FA1

Comment

Pioneer speakers are excellent for those on a budget. If you want to spend a little more try the Infinity series of speakers.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

The stock speakers are made of cardboard. Even the bose ones. Need I say more?
                Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                ┴─┴
                ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Originally posted by accordoholic
                  I think alpine is the best, a little expensive but worth it.
                  Alpines are great. Especially when paired with an Alpine deck. They are jus a lil pricey but as accordoholic said, they are worth it. When I got my Alpine deck they made my stock speakers sound alot better. But now I run all Alpine and I'm very satisfied.

Comment

There are no BEST speakers out there its just some are better than some in different area's. What you say is the best, i could say is total crap.

Example, You guys like sony xplod but I hate them.
                    Pioneer makes great head units but when it comes down to speakers they dont live up to their reputation.

Comment

Working...
                    X