Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trunk Finished, Comments wanted! 56k=wait!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trunk Finished, Comments wanted! 56k=wait!

Well I finally finished my trunk. I would like to hear comments , questions , whatevers. Thanks a lot. The set up is 2 mtx 8000 svc 4ohm subs running off of a mtx thunder 801d and pold db 6500 components up front (cusom tweeter in door) and a set of polk db650's in the rear running off a mtx thunder 282. My H/U is a Alpine 9811.

As far as the gauge, I guess I like to be different. I dont trust my cluster gauge too much and I found this gauge in my closet so wth. I have had the gauge pods etc and just didnt care for the.

Nice and clean. But whats the gauge for? Water temp?

Comment

N AND CLEAN HOW MUCH U SPENT ON CARPET

Comment

Looks nice but a suggestion, Why not recess the amps into the floor and cover them with a clear peice of plexi so you can use the trunk floor more without scracthing them up.
        My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

or put them on the trunk lid not the outside the inside lol i seen them there before

Comment

the gauge is water temp. auto meter pro comp series.

And about the plexi, I thought about this for a few weeks, of what i really wanted to do, and this was it. I didnt want to plexi its overplayed and out of style. so I just went clean cut. I dont use my trunk so its all good. carpet was free.

Comment

Nice work man. im in the the prosses of doing my trunk over. but i dont know what i need to make it like yours. what do i need to do and use. looking sweet man.

Comment

MY TRUNK GONNA BE DONE BEFORE MAY 8TH FOR THE CARS SHOW MY FLOOR GONNA BREAK OPEN WITH MODULES WAIT TILL IM DOEN NEONS N STROBES

Comment

thanks a lot man. covered the two side panels. Ripped out the old trunk carpet and thin wood covering the floor and rebuilt a solid floor out of wood (same wood most sub boxes are made of) and carpeted it. then used blocks of 2x4 to block up the floor, so I screw the floor down. to something. The box is screwed down to the floor, and ran all wires underneath the sub floor.
                  I got everything from work,so I couldnt tell you where to get the carpet, I think jc whitney sells some. I bought a jigsaw @ lowes for 30 bucks. The carpet is going to be the biggest expense probally. I used about a roll of it. Circuit city pays like 15 dollars a roll and I couldnt tell you where to get it. I used Trim Tack to glue all the carpet down. Most of it was time to do it. It took me about 2.5 to 3 hours to do it total but I work fast and effiencent. One benefit about being an installer @ circuit is you can work on your ride in a nice garage where all my tools reside.

Comment

Looks good!

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

hey I am near youngstown ohio. I got a club maybe we will see PAC around norwalk, or dragway42. Or maybe somenight we will cruise to clevland and chill. Hit me back I added you to my buddy list.

Comment

nice work i wish my trunk looked that clean
                        I don't lie, I bullshit

Comment

Good job! It really sticks to the saying "keep it simple stupid"... it's so clean & effective! I love it, and great overall setup with MTX amps & subs!
                          CAI soundz so good........
                          But not as good as a full Eclipse Sound system
                          www.clubaccordquebec.com

Comment

Thanks man.

Comment

Man thats clean makes me want to try it!

Comment

Working...
                              X