My head unit wish list.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My head unit wish list.

1) Simple, uncluttered, legible display. These days, many wash out in sunlight.

2) Less than 1,000 buttons on the face. I'm begging you please.

3) A useable volume knob. I realize these days, if it has a knob, it's a rotary encoder, not a potentiometer --- I'm fine with that. But I want one I can grip. Most seem to stick out only a 1/4 inch from the faceplate, if that much, you know? You wind up trying to turn it with your fingertips. Why?

4) There is no #4 until those are met.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Theres just too many headunits to suggest if you don't narrow down your budget, used or new or if there is a preference in brand.

Comment

thats easy...get a Nakamichi CD300, CD400 or CD500

enjoy
      http://www.nakamichi.com
      DEVOTE

Comment

Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP. It got an easy to use interface, nice gripped volume and settings scroll knobs and an extremely clear display with changeable background. This is a Premier... I don't even have to mention the loads of settings and options available and well as the awesome sound quality.

more details

I have one. Let me know if you are interested I am willing to let it go for a reasonable price.
        Last edited by palinix; 10-25-2006, 02:27 AM.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

I'll look into those ... the Nak is more my style, but palinix why are you selling? Feel free to PM me a price if you like.

Comment

Originally posted by deckeda
            I'll look into those ... the Nak is more my style, but palinix why are you selling? Feel free to PM me a price if you like.
            The first cd player might be the easiest to use, but probably has less features and the sound quality is a bit lower then the Premier. It all depends on what exactly you are looking for. I believe that the Premier is an easy to use cd player with many menus and functions within the unit.
            Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Originally posted by williamsvt
              The first cd player might be the easiest to use, but probably has less features and the sound quality is a bit lower then the Premier.

I am not sure about Premier, but Nakamichi is known to have some of the best sounding audio systems in the world; mainly because they use less gadgets, thus less electrical interference and cleaner sound.
              DEVOTE

Comment

Alpine 9842 or the 9852 mostly apline plus some come with a remote and some also have a tilt which is easy to see.

Comment

i love my Clarion DXZ655MP
                  motorized face, volume button pops out for use and it has a rubber grip ... best thing of all 728 colors - mine matches the green dash lights perfectly for a stock look! i give it 5 stars!

features/info
                  Last edited by MethodFX; 10-25-2006, 06:49 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

Eclipse CD7000 great deck and nice big knob

Comment

5. Some sort of line-in or aux-in or changer input that can be adapted to line-in.

It's for an iPod but "iPod integration" isn't necessary.

I haven't finished checking out the earlier recommendations; hopefully at least some of them have it.

Comment

older eclipse!
                        Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

i rocki the nakamichi cd 700i sick sick sick love it
                          To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

Wow, I'll bet you do! If I had a TD1200 I'd go back to cassettes.

Comment

OLD SCHOOL
                              sony cdx-c90 and the cdx-c910 or Premier 880 or premier DEX-P9 combo

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

Working...
                              X