Speaker selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker selection

Well, I found a place online that sells "Boss" brand speakers for a good price. I'm not looking for anything that crazy, just new that will give me good sound.

Here are the four that I'm deciding between

~Boss Audio AVA-6510
    6-1/2" 3-Way 220W Car Speakers for $24/pair

~Boss Audio R652
    6-1/2" 2-Way 250W Car Speakers for $25/pair

~Boss Audio R650
    6-1/2" 2-Way 200W Car Speakers for $25/pair

~Boss Audio R653
    6-1/2" 3-Way 300W Car Speakers for $27/pair

Pretty much, I dunno what to do about the wattage selection there and the two or three way. I figured the three ways give a broader range of sound, and I was probably gonna go for the $24 ones because I'm not gonna have a high powered head unit. I know very little about stereo setups.

Thanks!

Choosing boss will be like useing a OEM speaker, without the lasting effect

Comment

Hmmm, never heard of Boss. Looks a little cheap to me, but what can I say . Why not just go for something that you know will do good for reasonable prices Pioneer, Rockford, and Alpine are more than those Boss speakers you listed, but as with most things, the price usually indicates the quality of the speakers.

Originally posted by Maple50175
      Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

well, I heard from a lot of people around here that Boss was a good bang for your buck setup.

On this note... what speakers would you guys reccomend? Don't need anything crazy.. and would you go 2 or 3 way?

I'm gonna have subs in the trunk if it makes any difference.

Thanks!

Comment

2-way usually lets you tune tweeter and bass
          3-way lets you tune tweeter, bass, and midrange

As for the wattage given by the speakers you posted, that is pretty high for 6.5" speakers and it doesn't say much about quality. That's peak power. What you need to look at is the RMS. I have found pioneer's to be a good bang for your buck and they fit very nicely. I have recently upgraded to infinity kappas 3-way speakers up front and they are superior in every aspect. I plan on running kappas in back but in 6x9" and with this setup I won't need a sub in the back. It's that good.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

sweet man I'll look into the pioneers.. so the 3 ways would be good eh?

Comment

Originally posted by LinX
              2-way usually lets you tune tweeter and bass
              3-way lets you tune tweeter, bass, and midrange

As for the wattage given by the speakers you posted, that is pretty high for 6.5" speakers and it doesn't say much about quality. That's peak power. What you need to look at is the RMS. I have found pioneer's to be a good bang for your buck and they fit very nicely. I have recently upgraded to infinity kappas 3-way speakers up front and they are superior in every aspect. I plan on running kappas in back but in 6x9" and with this setup I won't need a sub in the back. It's that good.
              or maybe you just heard crap subs...

I would go with 2 way component speakers, not coaxial or''multicoaxial'' with 3-4-5-6 shitty tweeter

and between us, boss is the worst speakers ever created

Comment

and I would suggest you pick one good component speakers, and if you want more midbass go buy two midbass speakers(like minisubs, they make them in 6.5'' size, but are especialy created to make midbass, not mid)

4'' speakers in 3-way system are normaly there to balance the system due to hole in frequencies.(when you have tweeter 4'' and a woofer)

Comment

^^ thanks for the negative feedback.
                  Based on the setup I have now, the kappas are superior to the pioneers I had last. I'm not saying this because they're infinitys but rather, because they're 3-way speakers with a higher peak power, higher rms, sturdier design, and need to be hooked up much like components not to mention they're a bit pricier. Do what you want in the long run, I'm just offering my $.02

ps, I'm not a big sub kinda guy

...adjust accordingly

Comment

sorry if I offended you, it was not in my intention, but with internet it's kind of complicated to be understood in the right way peace

Comment

thanks for the help guys. The reason I'm goin with subs is mainly because I have them and an amp layin around and why not have a boomin stereo if I have the means. I just gotta buy the h/u and speakers.

Thanks!!!!

Comment

boss is like walmart quality equipment.

remember you always get what you pay for.
                        Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Working...
                        X