alternate amp turn-on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alternate amp turn-on?

i know normally you wire the turnon lead from the receiver, but my friend has a camry and we cant figure out how to take the receiver out to do that. is there another location/wire we can splice into to have the amp turn on only when the car is turned on??

you could splice into the power wire for the amp and hook it up to a switch, youd just have to remember to turn it off and on all the time. if you can get to the accessory/ignition wire you could splice into it as well and you wouldnt need a switch to turn it off and on, i think. good luck.
    2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
    2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

you could splice into the remote power antenna..

Comment

www.installdr.com

go there and find ur camery it may show a way to take out the deck.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

just run a small wire to the radio fuse in the fusebox... you could also install a small switch, that way you could turn the cub on and off as you please.

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

Working...
          X