15" Subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15" Subs

I already know about 15's and they hit HARD inside of our CB7's.

will 15's sound HARDER in a dual ported box or a single ported box?

If anybody here has 15's, Post Here.

~DirtySouthHonda
    Last edited by DirtySouthHonda; 12-20-2006, 10:11 PM.

well i got my two 15" Kicker L5's in a sealed enclosure with 1.75ft3 per sub, and they are the loudest subs i'lv heard in an average daily driven not so show car before... if you were to port it, i guess it reeally depends on the sub and the manufacturer specs... i know for my L5's, the manual showed the extact specs of the port for a single sub enclosure, so i dont see why 2 ports would hurt, one for each... but it also depends on the design of the box... cause 1 port in the center of both subs might be good enough rather than 2 seperate ones on either side... Good luck not blowin your ear drums lol!!

Comment

I had a single 15" esclipse in my cb. Honestly its not all about the size but the watts. If you get maybe a 12" with more watts it might appeal to you better plus its lighter. Thats just me though..
      accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
      ....................My New Baby
      SOLD TO
      ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Originally posted by accordtypeR
        I had a single 15" esclipse in my cb. Honestly its not all about the size but the watts. If you get maybe a 12" with more watts it might appeal to you better plus its lighter. Thats just me though..
        He's right. It's more about power than size mostly.
        -pax
        Seattle, WA

Comment

how about the excoursion
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

What are u guys talking about? What do u mean its about power not size?

A 15" sub is made to do something different than a 12" or a 10". A 15 will hit lower in the frequency range.

Also, its about the subwoofer design that determines how good it works. You can have 1000 watts in one sub and 600 in the other and the 600 watt sub will sound better.

I had a MB QUART 15" sub that was rated at 800 watts rms, then I upgraded to a Rockford fosgate Power T1 which was rated at 600 watts. The power t1 hit lower, cleaner and louder than the MB Quart. I used the same Box and the same amp, same deck, same everything.

So I know from experience that its not all about power.

And about if a 15" will hit harder in a dual ported box....yes it will depending on the port length, width and construction of the box. Box volume and design also determines the spl of the sub.

Comment

he's talking about how loud it is.
              Seattle, WA

Comment

I'm gonna have to go with dual ported on this one. I've never had a 15" sub, but I had two friends who did. Ironically enough, one was single ported and the other was double. Side by side, the loudness is noticable with the dual ported coming out on top.
                Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
                D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
                ┴─┴
                ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

I had brand new older rockford fosgate 15" Punch Z. It was the first sub I ever had and I loved it, it was 400 watts max paired with a Rockford P2002 amp which put out 200 watts RMS bridged at 4ohms. Then it wa stolen. Anyways it sounded great very clean and crisp sounding. it was in a sealed box.

1992 Honda Accord Coupe LX

Comment

This might be a dumb suggestion, but did you try e-mailing solutions@crutchfield.com?

Without buying any of their stuff I e-mail them random questions all the time. Maybe they'd be knowledgable enough to give you an "expert" answer. Who knows? Any of their input might be worth a try.

Comment

It doesn't matter how many ports you have as long as the port area is equal
                      Have you thought about passive radiators?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                      X