cd player wireing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cd player wireing.

ok let me start by saying that i don't know anything about wires in the cd players.(noobie).
    when i bought my car it came with this PIONIEER deh-520 cd player.

only right back speaker worked. the left one had a dimishing sound. it had a little sound not a lot. i could only feel it by hand.
    in front only the right one worked. and after 2 months it stop working.
    one day the cd player stoped working so i take to the shop. the guy does some wireing and tells me that the wireing before was wrong and that the back left speaker and the front ones were burn. i payed $40 for the rewireing of my cd player(that was stupid of me)
    today i open that shit out and found out that these wires weren't conected.
    5 wires at the plug. white,, white with a black line gray gray with a black line and orange with a white line.

and there were about 3 wires in the back of the cd player. the colour of these are gray,,, gray with a black line,,,gray with a red line.

i already fixed the back two speakers.
    now i conected the gray and gray with a black line to the coresponding wires in the back of the cd player but the front speakers still don't work.
    any ideas. and yes i did put new speakers in the front and they still don't work.
    are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

You can start by getting a new head unit cuz that thing is booty

Comment

Originally posted by Verb
      You can start by getting a new head unit cuz that thing is booty
      ALPINE (with mp3)

Seriously though man, IMO that things gotta go, its pretty old, you get a nice Alpine unit and it will sound better. As far as getting the one you got working, I dont know what to tell you man, just double check all your wiring. You still have the manual for it? If so, there should be a wiring diagram in it. If you dont, check pioneer's website, they may have it online.
      Last edited by thewoahna; 05-14-2004, 06:25 PM.

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

Yeah, I'd buy a new head unit first. I got a $120 JVC MP3 CD Player from Electronic Express this week for $119. it works GREAT and is very easy to wire.

Comment

i am broke dudes. i got no money. and the cd player sounds good. shit i don't even have decent speakers. for now i wanna make the two front speakers. and the cd player don't have a wireing diagram on it(as u said its prety old)
          shit i don't know how i even fixed the back ones so they can work indipendently from eachother( i had them wiread together lol)
          as i said i don't know jack shit about wiring.
          oh well at least i tryed.
          if any other guys have any ideas please tell me about it. even if its something that everyone knows please say it.. as i said before i don't know jack shit about wiring cd players and all.

Comment

I guess if nothing else works, wire the front left with the rear left and so on... at least all the speakers will be making noise.

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

have you gone to a stereo shop and asked if they have a harness..? the shop i used to work at we took the harnesses off the non working and through them in a drawer. i got a few alpine and pioneer harnesses after mine were worn out. or lost.

its like nothing in the world. definition of relaxation.

Comment

i justed wanted to fix this one so i can save till i buy a better one. what colour are the wires for the front speakers. the reason i ask is that i don't have a diagram for my cd player.

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord
                  i justed wanted to fix this one so i can save till i buy a better one. what colour are the wires for the front speakers. the reason i ask is that i don't have a diagram for my cd player.
                  White is positive driver side front
                  White/black is negative driver side front
                  Grey is positive passenger side front
                  Grey/black is negative passenger side front

Comment

yeah what he said...gotta stop reading and responding after working grave on 2 hours of sleep.

its like nothing in the world. definition of relaxation.

Comment

Originally posted by Blk EX Coupe
                      White is positive driver side front
                      White/black is negative driver side front
                      Grey is positive passenger side front
                      Grey/black is negative passenger side front
                      thanks man i will try it tomorow and see if it works or not.
                      thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X