Dash Kit Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dash Kit Q

Noob question here, does the honda/acura dash kit allow for the pocket (that is normally below the stock radio) to be installed with a new head unit? Or does that space just get sealed off? Also, do you always need a dash kit or can you sometimes get away without one depending on the HU?
    Last edited by arctichonda; 01-27-2007, 02:35 PM.

u need a dash kit, and you will have a slot under there to store something
    Yeah, Preludes

Originally posted by deevergote.
    Why can't people just search OT to see if someone else posted the same random thread?

Comment

Its best to just get a dash kit if your not good at FAB'n you own stuff.... I think you will find that they work out fine for what you're asking.... Got to walmart and get one......

My Members Ride Thread ( Do It )

Comment

i made it work with my factory pocket before i started working at bestbuy and getting stuff dirt cheap, but it wasn't easy. walmart doesn't always have alot of stuff for imports. you can probably order the metra kit online for under $10, and yes it will have a pocket.
        The CB7 Timeline

Comment

there is 2 versions of the kit i dont remember the other kit # but one has the pocket on the bottom which is 99-9872 and the other i dont remember but it has a block off plate that can be removed and an eq can be intalled in its place

Comment

get the metra one 997898. the other one, schosche is the one with a blank for an eq and no pocket.

...circuit city carries metra
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Just got my piece of shit dash kit from crutchfield with the eq block-off plate. I'm going to call them and get my money back.

Comment

haha thats the scosch kit.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

So, will any of those kits fit my head unit?

Comment

the kits that we mentioned fit the standard sized DIN hole, if you have a double din which is 2x the height of a standard stereo then its another kit but yes these kits work fine.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

I'll go to circuit city then, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X