Radio cuts out....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio cuts out....

Well here's the deal, i just put my boys sub box in my car and everytime i turn it up the radio cuts out then comes back on. I think it's some kind of safe mode but what causes that to happen. I know i have everything hooked up the right way..
    "Know Your Rank"

sounds like u need some grounding.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

do all the door speakers work ? is it a stock head unit ?

Comment

does the amp turn off too?

disconnect the remote line from the amp then turn up the deck...does it cut off?
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Mine did that before, and i fixed it by redoing my battery terminals.
          www.myspace.com/sajunglist

www.bassdrive.com

Comment

i got it, i redid the ground wire and it's seems to be fine so far..
            "Know Your Rank"

Comment

bad grounds are one of the most common problems i see at work when people are having issues with an install they did

Member Ride Facebook
              XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
              SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
              For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
                bad grounds are one of the most common problems i see at work when people are having issues with an install they did
                same for me when i did this stuff, some fool with a camaro came in asking why his amp kept shuting off. instead of screwing his ground down he just had it thrown in the trunk taped to the wheel well.
                FA1

Comment

Yeah well heres a better one, my radio started cutting out a few weeks back...

BUT IT ONLY DOES IT WHEN I TURN RIGHT!

drives me insane, I've had the same ground forever, all the wires to the amp and everything seem to fine.

When I say radio cuts out.. I mean speakers and everything...

Comment

if the radio remains on then a speaker can be grounding out, check the rears and the fronts for bare metal touching metal, sometimes u dont notice that the terminals can be sitting on bare metal.
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Hmm, I didn't think about the rear speakers grounding out on something around the decklid

I hope thats the problem

Comment

id have to agre with the speakers grounding out, what it could be (which ive seen before) is a broken terminal on your speaker, when u turn it may move just enough to ground out. also i must ask what kind of stereo is it that you have? certain stereos react differently to grounding out, for instance newer kenwoods display an error.

Member Ride Facebook
                        SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                        For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
                          newer kenwoods display an error.
                          sony displays failure most of the time.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Its a little bit older Pioneer premier series

about 2 years old I'd say

I want to go indash dvd, but not sure if its worthit

Comment

older premier series wont really tell u shit. go for the indash if a) u have an alarm and b) you have the money

i love my screen its the shit, but i wouldnt do nething without having an alarm first. cuz people are scandalous

Member Ride Facebook
                              SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                              For Sale Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X