GPS Navigation ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPS Navigation ..

Who has it .. and is it all cracked up to be what it is?
    I dont want the MP3 or the SD Cards and all that .. I'd like something that I can program
    where i'm comin from .. and where I'm goin ..

Just curious ..

A Hui Hou !!!
    Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

I have it in my van, and its a great thing to have... For drives where you never been, it know exactly where to send you, and if you miss a turn, it programs itself for another route.

Comment

i have the Mio C310x and for it's great price, it is definitely worth it. Helps me alot to places i never been to.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

I borrow my brothers Garmin unit all the time, works great.

Worth the money in my opinion

Comment

buy one, especially if you're going to a place you're not too familiar (your new place you're moving to, no?).

I have the c310x and it works GREAT! it's saved my butt a few hundred times. The ONLY complaint i have is that sometimes it's a second to 1.5 seconds late sometimes. but for the price i paid, it's worth it - $150. you can find them for under $200.
          BBB= Black Bumpered Beauty

MY MEMBERS RIDE PAGE

'98 Prelude (BB6) Type SH

Comment

If your gonna speed upwards to 500 for a Garmin, your better off getting a unit that doubles as a cd/dvd player.

Thats what I would do at least.
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Garmin has been in the game the longest. later.
              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by cokinut
                buy one, especially if you're going to a place you're not too familiar (your new place you're moving to, no?).

I have the c310x and it works GREAT! it's saved my butt a few hundred times. The ONLY complaint i have is that sometimes it's a second to 1.5 seconds late sometimes. but for the price i paid, it's worth it - $150. you can find them for under $200.
                Thanks to all who've chimed in .. and yeah, I agree, those Garmin's are pretty nice!
                Yes Lester .. I was planning on getting one for the trip to Vegas, then .. I thought,
                Man .. head up 95 .. hang a left on 10 .. go til I reach 15 .. and, make a right! LMFAO!
                How difficult could that be? Hahaha .. anywayz .. if I do get one ..
                I'll just re-sell it on eGay .. however, it appears I really won't need one .. we'll see.

Thanks again fella's !
                Tomi

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

go to mapquest and save yourself 800 dollars. i install nav systems all the time, and unless ur constantly going to new places all the time u dont really need it. they are nice and if u r gonna get one, get either a indash flip or a double din that has nav. those garmins, tom toms, etc are ugly and i wouldnt have any kinda shit like that sitting on my dash, this includes portable sat radios. and if ur gonna spend the 500+ on a nav unit, then spend a couple hundred extra and get the screen and everything with it. do it right the first time.

Member Ride Facebook
                  XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                  SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                  For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
                    go to mapquest and save yourself 800 dollars. i install nav systems all the time, and unless ur constantly going to new places all the time u dont really need it. they are nice and if u r gonna get one, get either a indash flip or a double din that has nav. those garmins, tom toms, etc are ugly and i wouldnt have any kinda shit like that sitting on my dash, this includes portable sat radios. and if ur gonna spend the 500+ on a nav unit, then spend a couple hundred extra and get the screen and everything with it. do it right the first time.
                    Spend a couple hundred extra? The avic n3's and eclipse units are like 1200+ thats more then double..

Comment

i have one but its part of my indash unit. i use it even when i know were im goin jus bc its there. i use the speedo on it and all that other chit too

Comment

well its a few hundred more for me cuz i install the stuff so i got hookups. but still i think if ur going to spend that much might as well save a bit more and do it right, in the end tho i still think its a waste because mapquest is free.

but this is just my opinion so whatever

Member Ride Facebook
                        SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                        For Sale Thread

Comment

I have the Garmin C320 and paid about $238 shipped for that unit ,i've had it for able a year and have not been let down yet aisde from the occassional 1-2sec delay that Lester had mention but its still very reliable. Mines came in days b4 my trip to virginia so i just loaded the maps and it got me there without a hitch i didnt even bother looking at mapquest. Regardless though even if you miss your initial exit it will re-route itself and take you to your destination. As far a software...most use sd cards but once u install the software onto the computer u just have to plug in the navigation unit and chose the states that u want on your card, thats what i did when i took it with me to cali for spring break and didnt get lost once. So it is worth it imo

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
                          Frost White Member 13
                          My Ride
                          "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

garmin is pretty good ive used my mothers gps garmin never steered me wrong . I should use it when im on my way out to meets.

Comment

i said they r good if u travel a lot to places ur not framiliar with, but i never do that, only place i go to is LA which i know pretty much how to get most places, i just use mapquest as a refrence to what surface streets i should use.

like the commercial says, its got 2d navigation haha

Member Ride Facebook
                              SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                              For Sale Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X