No announcement yet.

amp wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wire is wire when it comes to current flow... If it is the same material and size...

strand count only matters flexibility wise (harder to install less flexible wiring)...
    Cheaper amp kits will have bad fuse holders/ distro blocks if applicable .. If you have a bad connection it can heat up and cause damage.
    Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 09-27-2007, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
      wire is wire when it comes to current flow... If it is the same material and size...

strand count only matters flexibility wise (harder to install less flexible wiring)...
      Cheaper amp kits will have bad fuse holders/ distro blocks if applicable .. If you have a bad connection it can heat up and cause damage.

Sorry but thats not true, current can only flow on the ouside of the strands, so the more strands the more current can flow, if the stands are the same size. It's like a 2 lane highway versus a 4 lane one.

The Fosgate wire actually does have more strands than other brands of the same size. Other brand make the coating thicker, Fosgate has a thinner coating with more strands.
      MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
      If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rudy1980
        Sorry but thats not true, current can only flow on the ouside of the strands, so the more strands the more current can flow, if the stands are the same size. It's like a 2 lane highway versus a 4 lane one.

The Fosgate wire actually does have more strands than other brands of the same size. Other brand make the coating thicker, Fosgate has a thinner coating with more strands.
        aka hype
        skin effect is a high frequency AC phenomon. Not an issue in DC 12v in car audio power wires
        Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 09-27-2007, 01:57 AM.

Comment

aka hype
          skin effect is a high frequency AC phenomon. Not an issue in 12v power wires
          My bad I had it backwards then. But are you sure?

What I said about the Fosgate is true tho.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rudy1980
            My bad I had it backwards then. But are you sure?

What I said about the Fosgate is true tho.
            link

Yes....I dont think any decent car audio brand would make the strand count= more current handling..
            Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 09-27-2007, 02:01 AM.

Comment

link

Yes....I dont think any decent car audio brand would make the strand count= more current handling..
              OK you win

Comment

about the RF kit itself seems pretty decent from the kits ive installed

Comment

One of the better kits I have installed is the Kicker kits

I have the 0ga kit myself... Super flexible, high quality components , expensive though

Comment

the new fosgate wiring is the exact same kind as the stinger pictured above

and loud cb7, i mentioned the clutch plate thank u

Member Ride Facebook
                    XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
                    SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
                    For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH
                      the new fosgate wiring is the exact same kind as the stinger pictured above

and loud cb7, i mentioned the clutch plate thank u
                      no stinger wiring above and if you used it you would probably think different
                      Last edited by ChIoVnIdCa; 09-27-2007, 04:13 PM.

Comment

OMG newbs go to crutchfield.com get the kit from there much better than egay, homedepot etc....lol

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

Comment

Working...
                        X