X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No output issue!

So here's my setup:

Pioneer 5900i head
    Polk db speakers front and rear (5 1/4" components in the front, 6x9"'s in the rear)
    Kicker Comp 10" subs in ported box
    Profile 1040H Amp (for speakers)
    Planet Audio Amp (for subs)

My dilemma:
    I only have output from the front speakers. Very frustrating. I have torn the entire system apart straightened out all the speaker wiring and tightened up any loose connections. I have RCA preamp outs running from the head to the amps. I know there is signal coming down those because I can test it by plugging into the front speakers. There is some issue between the RCA input on the amp and the rear speakers/subs. I've been over all the wiring and everything, can't find it. Fuses, the whole gammit.

My request:
    Could anyone who's really good with audio try and explain a few things that I should check. I installed this myself and its my first time trying that, I've done similar things before and am good with tools etc. Im not some driveway dope.

Thanks in advance...

Proud owner of the only JJDM full 2.5" catback exhaust!

so what amp is powering what???

did u run front and rear to an amp and sub rca;s to the other amp???

did you turn on the sub from the deck to turn on that channel/
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

try to hook up the rear speaker wire onto the front speaker wire conection on the amp to see if maybe the amp is not sending a signal to the rear speaker.

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
        so what amp is powering what???

did u run front and rear to an amp and sub rca;s to the other amp???

did you turn on the sub from the deck to turn on that channel/
        The Profile is 4 channel...powers speakers
        The planet Audio is 2 Channel, powers subs

Yes I turned the channel on from the deck...

Comment

Originally posted by T3aM 83rD
          try to hook up the rear speaker wire onto the front speaker wire conection on the amp to see if maybe the amp is not sending a signal to the rear speaker.
          Oh good thought! Thank you...Didnt think of that.

Comment

Thats the first thing I thought of too. Good luck

Comment

Thanks ya'll haven't gotten back to it yet! I'll let ya'll know when I get that test run. I'm also gunna check the indiviual fuses on the amps, I forgot to. Weird I know, but something is gnawing at me to check those.

Comment

Ok so got the rear 6x9"s work. Combination of bad wiring/having the gain turned down on the amp.

My subwoofer, however is still not working. This is a seperate two channel amp pushing to Kicker Comps. The RCA's have signal, I tested that. And I double checkd all the wiring and setups? Maybe bad amp? It worked last time it was plugged in. I checked all fuses, power wiring, connections, speaker wiring etc...everything was ok...help?

Comment

does the amp get power? does it turn on?

if it turns on and u swapped the rca inputs with another working one then its either bad amps....or the sub isnt connected inside its sub box...or shorted
                  What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Yea it powers up. I swapped RCA's they have signal. I'm going to put a voltmeter across the outputs in a few minutes to see if its outputting or if th eamp is bad.

Comment

Ok, so I checked input and output sides for voltage and amperage. 11.5 v in, 0.0 vout. So I concluded that something in the amp is busted. I'm going to have it repaired. Thanks for all the help ya'll!

Comment

Working...
                      X