Alarm goes off when batt is disconnect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm goes off when batt is disconnect

well just bought this car and prevous owner say the alarm stop working. also it goes off everytime battery disconected but can still be stop with remote. any idea?

Thanks

MY 1n2 CB7

well mostly any old type of alarm will do that, and of course since the remote is already programmed to that alarm it will disarm it every time, if you have any newer viper or any other dei alarm, it wouldnt do that cause they hold memory so if you were to disconnect the battery and plug it back in it wouldnt go off, what type of alarm do u have? also the reason it probably want working is becasue it was in valet mode, and when you disconnected the battery you reset the alarm.

Comment

I have a viper with 4 button on the remote. thats all I know lol ..is there a way to reprogram it?

MY 1n2 CB7

Comment

you can just unplug the brain from the wire harness. it looks like a little box with a wire coming out of it. later.
        Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by Accordlx
          I have a viper with 4 button on the remote. thats all I know lol ..is there a way to reprogram it?

you will have to find the "brain" to determine the model#, but in the meanwhile try this http://www.directed.com/guides/manua...iper/N553V.pdf

Actually that prob wont work, that alarm is a remote start.

Look under the dash and see what you can find. Try to find the brain, if not see if there are multiple wires connected to ur ign. harness
          MR Thread- I brought SEXY back- LOL
          If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacement anyway.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with with experience!!!

Comment

Working...
          X