Amp not working Anymore??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amp not working Anymore??

Ok well I got into my car and my amp isn't working anymore. I have a 980w Power Acoustic Amp powring 2 MOMO Polk 12's. They've been working for awhile and it just stopped?? Here's teh details.

The amp has power to it. The light on my amp lights up red or "protection". When I unplug the RCA Cables, the red light goes off but the green power light does NOT turn on either.

My fuse is good, however when I go to put it in, there isn't a little spark like there usually is when making contact.

The speaker wires aren't touching.

Basically, did I blow my amp, and if so, was it because it got too hot or can you think of anything else? Its probably not placed in the coolest of places, between the back seat and the sub box, vertically placed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...I'm at a loss

Sounds like a problem that my bro had with his Eclipse amp, he had to send it back to have it fixed

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

Did they ever tell him what was actually wrong with this. I want to know if I need to return it to bestbuy or not.

Comment

It burned out some protector or something... Bad amp condom I guess

My song of the week (or till I change it): Snow Patrol - Take Back The City

Comment

Hey man i had the same problem get a test light and check after your fuse on the hood see if there power running to it if the is ur fuse is no good or the fuse holder is no good trust me i went through 2 different amps before i decided to check the power wire

Comment

Does it have a circuit breaker on it? Like some power strips or even hairdryers have.

Probably not for the power section since that's fused, but maybe for the amp section? It may have overheated once and tripped.

Check your manual or even on the casing, there may be a small hole you push a pen or something into to reset.
            Bart: What's your name?
            Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

Comment

I'll check the power wire. My amp has 4 25amp fuses on it and they are all still good. I don't see how I can still get the light to light up on my amp, especially when I unplug the main fuse? Seems like your keeping ALL power from getting to it? I'll check power with my voltmeter though.

Comment

That is odd, sounds like maybe since it's not getting juice from the main then gets the remote signal, it lights up to indicate something wrong.

Are there any other goofy things going on with the rest of your system?

Comment

No, everything else is working fine. I don't think that would be it, because its not like I changed the setup. I simply got in my car one day and it stopped working. The big thing is the red "protection" light is on, not the green "power" one.

Comment

Ya, something got wiggy.

It either overheated (but then again, it should reset itself after it's cooled down) or there was or still is an electricl issue.

Sounds like no power.

Is it running straight off the battery?

Comment

Its wire, 6-8 inches, 100 amp fuse, wire straight to amp. Groud wire about 12-18 inches connected to top of trunk. ITs been working fine for 2-3 months, then this happened???

Comment

Working...
                      X